Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > FEC 206 derails in Jensen Beach

Date: 05/19/22 21:46
FEC 206 derails in Jensen Beach
Author: lapklub

I saw a clip on a FEC group that nb 206 derailed some empty autoracks in Jensen Beach.  That is just a couple miles north of Stuart.  I don't have any other details on what happened.
I don't live down there anymore, so I can't just run over and check it out.  Hopefully some of the locals can fill us in on the cleanup and when things start running again. 
From a shot I saw, it's on the double track in Rio Siding, between Stuart and Jensen Beach.  They may be able to shove the racks off and get things open.
Michael Reid

Date: 05/20/22 04:03
Re: FEC 206 derails in Jensen Beach
Author: DJ-12

Given the proximity to that crazy busy grade crossing within a traffic circle at downtown Jensen Beach in one direction and the bridge at Stuart in the other direction, Rio is probably a “lucky” place to go on the ground. Hopefully no one was hurt.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/20/22 11:50
Author: toledopatch

The description of the location that I read suggested it was right near the roundabout in Jensen Beach. So possibly east of where Rio Siding -was-, on double track already in service for the impending extension of Brightline. The very new-looking concrete ties that the derailment tore up support that interpretation.

Date: 05/20/22 12:03
Author: 8notch

Maybe Lackawanna484  could shed some light on the derailment?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/22 12:04 by 8notch.

Date: 05/20/22 13:08
Author: Lackawanna484

The derailment was indeed Thursday afternoon along the RIO siding, just south of the Jensen Beach Boulevard crossing, according to the TC Palm. NE Clarissa Street (behind the lovely wooden Gothic Episcopal church) leads to the site.  Lots of pictures in the attached article.

I'd agree this is about the best possible location in the area to have a spill. No streets blocked, south of downtown Jensen Beach, north of the Stuart bridge.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/martin-county/2022/05/19/fec-railway-cargo-train-derails-jensen-beach/9845698002/

Date: 05/20/22 20:50
Author: 8notch

Thanks for the update. I thought you might have some information about it.
Robert in Lagrande Oregon 

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The derailment was indeed Thursday afternoon along
> the RIO siding, just south of the Jensen Beach
> Boulevard crossing, according to the TC Palm. NE
> Clarissa Street (behind the lovely wooden Gothic
> Episcopal church) leads to the site.  Lots of
> pictures in the attached article.
>
> I'd agree this is about the best possible location
> in the area to have a spill. No streets blocked,
> south of downtown Jensen Beach, north of the
> Stuart bridge.
>
>
> https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/local/martin-cou
> nty/2022/05/19/fec-railway-cargo-train-derails-jen
> sen-beach/9845698002/

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds