Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Trains Magazine Collection Available - Free

Date: 06/26/22 12:38
Trains Magazine Collection Available - Free
Author: LJGross

In the process of downsizing my residence and must let go of my collection of Trains Magazines which goes back to 1954 complete with additional issues as far back as 1948. Many in binders but many just in sleeves. Pick-up in Mahwah, NJ. All or nothing, no cherry-picking. PM me if interested.

LJG

Date: 06/26/22 18:29
Re: Trains Magazine Collection Available - Free
Author: Gonut1

I had an extensive collection, not quite the size of yours but when my daughter gave me the Trains CD, I gave them away to anyone who wanted one, three or fifty. Now I need to do the same with Classic Trains (All issues), And then there is my complete collection of Classic Toy Trains with two Premier Issues, one in an envelope, with the magazine never opened. Then there are all the Lionel, Lionel Classics and Mikes's Train House catalogs again all from the beginning.
Endless boxes of paper. i had tons of automotive stuff too the main water shut off valve broke during the night a few years ago and took out a lot of that and my son's Hess fire truck collection and there are piles of Lionel and Marx trains from 1930s to 1990's. Thinking about it, I sure have a lot of "stuff". 
Good luck finding your paper a good home.
Gonut

Date: 06/27/22 08:27
Author: aehouse

I have every issue of Trains Magazine ever published, and Model Railroader back to the late 1930s.  My executors can deal with disposing of them if my son, a railfan, modeler, and professional railroader, doesn't want them.

The problem with conversion to digital media is that those media (and the devices that display them) change every few years. The old mags remain useable for the duration--my duration, anyway.

Art House

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/22 08:29 by aehouse.

Date: 06/27/22 09:20
Author: CPR_4000

I had a collection of Trains mags (and most of the others) from the mid-60's through the 80's. Spent many enjoyable evenings reading them until I gave up my apartment in 2000. I put most of them in the recycling except for Classic Trains and X2200S.

Date: 06/27/22 11:36
Author: railcity

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a collection of Trains mags (and most of the
> others) from the mid-60's through the 80's. Spent
> many enjoyable evenings reading them until I gave
> up my apartment in 2000. I put most of them in the
> recycling except for Classic Trains and X2200S.

I take almost all my stuff to local Recycling Center, but few special trains issues i keep.

Date: 06/28/22 08:01
Author: brc600

There IS demand for old magazines. Look at E-Bay, Ron's Books, etc. Trade them to the local hobby shop or train swap meet. Give them away.

railcity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CPR_4000 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I had a collection of Trains mags (and most of
> the
> > others) from the mid-60's through the 80's.
> Spent
> > many enjoyable evenings reading them until I
> gave
> > up my apartment in 2000. I put most of them in
> the
> > recycling except for Classic Trains and X2200S.
>
>
> I take almost all my stuff to local Recycling
> Center, but few special trains issues i keep.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.071 seconds