Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Happy July 4th!!

Date: 07/04/22 08:30
Happy July 4th!!
Author: dschlegel

A painted Old Glory on the flank of UP 8446 leads NS 212 through Bowers, PA this morning at 11AM on the NS Reading Line.

Happy Independence Day!

Dan

Date: 07/04/22 10:40
Re: Happy July 4th!!
Author: Darthsimpletext

hopefully my question about trains running on a holiday helped you see 212, looks like a great image

thanks for sharing, have any 4 of july plans?

nick

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/04/22 10:45
Author: Pattenburg

My motivation for Independence Day's trackside trip was the fact that NS 212 would have two UP engines as part of its power consist. Knowing that I headed out to Stanton Station (NJ) where I got it coming east around those photogenic curves. After it passed by, my route home took me past Flemington Junction. 212 had stopped briefly where I was able to catch another photo of those two American flags on the railing of UP 8446, something I didn't notice when it went through Stanton Station. That was a nice extra on this holiday when 'Ol Glory is proudly waving. May it wave on this day and all the days that follow!

Date: 07/04/22 11:29
Author: dschlegel

Nice shots Thom! I didn’t notice the flags on the handrails until you pointed them out. Have a great 4th!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/04/22 13:05

i wasn't on NS today, just CSX at duffelds

Date: 07/04/22 13:09

There's nothing you can do when your already in West virginia and maryland and you want to see 212 in philipsburg NJ, I KEPT my train watching momentum with good old CS of X!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds