Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Rathole Visit

Date: 07/03/22 18:29
NS Rathole Visit
Author: SCAXEngr

I plan to visit the NS rathole for a few days this fall.  I am not familiar with this area and would appreciate any information about train symbols and times and of course, photo location information. Any information appreciated. 
Thanks in advance,

SCAXEngr in CA

Date: 07/03/22 19:37
Re: NS Rathole Visit
Author: Gonut1

I'm thinking I remember "SCAX" as an UMLER designation for SEPTA commuter rail work equipment. Without going into an old computer and digging up some decades old video, are or were you a Septa engineer? I'm thinking not and your handle comes from some other correlation. Just curious.
Gonut

Date: 07/04/22 04:58
Author: dan7366

Any particular portion of the Rathole?
Dan

Date: 07/04/22 09:26
Author: tq-07fan

Here are two of the most recent threads, searched on TO by using Rathole / CNO&TP.

Here is one from last year that should give you a start on train symbols and number of trains...

Traffic Levels, Central Kentucky

As mentioned the PSR movement has really whacked the trains on the CNOTP from how they ran like streetcars only a few years ago. 

Out Railfanning the Rathole for a few days Super cool drove shots!

I have only driven the entire thing once and that was chasing a passenger excursion in 2008. I can say that from Gest Street Yard all the way down to Chattanooga what I have seen is generally quite scenic. I've done more Cincinnati to Lexingtomn. It's an easy line to follow. Lots of places where roads cross at grade or on bridges with decent photo opportunities.

Have Fun!

Jim

Date: 07/05/22 21:55
Author: SCAXEngr

I will be attending the Lexington Group meeting in Cincinnati in September.  Perhaps cover the territory anound Danville north and south.  Maybe the bridge near Burnside and Kings Mountain?

SCAXEngr     

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0317 seconds