Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Nashville, TN Indy Car race

Date: 08/07/22 15:15
Nashville, TN Indy Car race
Author: Roadbed

The Indy car race in downtown Nashville crosses over at least one, maybe two, railroads via bridge. Are there any restrictions or prohibitions on rail traffic during this event or is it business as usual?

Date: 08/07/22 20:26
Re: Nashville, TN Indy Car race
Author: callum_out

I missed the race but I did get to see the Demolition Derby that was on instead.

Out 

Date: 08/08/22 09:41
Author: pal77

Didn't see the race, however racing organizations take extrodanary measures to protect both the drivers and spectators.  They weld down manhole covers, have reactive crash walls, tethered equipment, ridiculously strong crash fences and many more.  Point is I would see no reason to restrict traffic other than a courtesy.   

Date: 08/08/22 14:00
Author: callum_out

Remember folks these are professionals on a closed course, don't try this at home! I will be surprised if the race
runs again next year because the one safety precaution missed was eliminating the drivers! Great aerial views of
downtown Nashville and I believe that the line shown under the bridge does get passenger service.

Out 

Date: 08/09/22 11:39
Author: ShortlinesUSA

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great aerial views of
> downtown Nashville and I believe that the line
> shown under the bridge does get passenger
> service.
>
> Out 

That line hosts the "WeGo" commuter train, aka the Music City Star, which holds the distinction of being the smallest heavy rail commuter train in the US.  Operations are on weekdays only, and it does not appear that any special weekend service was held for the race, so there was no train traffic to delay for the race.  Pre-COVID, trains operated on some weekends for special events (such as Tennessee Titans home games) but I'm unsure if those will return this year.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds