Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Louisville & Indiana Railroad

Date: 08/13/22 09:23
Louisville & Indiana Railroad
Author: Martin_K_OToole

I may have some time next Sunday afternoon and Monday morning to shoot the Louisville & Indiana. Any idea of its operations would be appreciated.

Alternatively, tips on Southern Indiana operations would also be gratefully received.

MKOT

Date: 08/13/22 18:06
Re: Louisville & Indiana Railroad
Author: srman

I live about a mile from the LIRC HQ in Jeffersonville. Sunday can sometimes be a challenge. However they sometimes run a job in the afternoon that might head across to Louisville to interchange with the NS.  If your looking for some roster shots there is an access road (U.S. 31) that runs next to their shop. Late afternoon for better photography. There are jobs Monday thru Friday but for the most part they are often later in the day. CSX uses trackage rights over the LIRC and if your lucky you might catch one of their northbounds crossing the Ohio River at Ashland Park. Follow the signs to Falls of Ohio State Park. Hopefully in your time period the LIRC will send something outside of their yard. Good luck!

Date: 08/13/22 19:45
Author: ShortlinesUSA

By "Southern Indiana" do you mean the Southern Indiana Railway (SIND)?  If so, it has ceased operations and the Speed, IN cement plant is now served by the LIRC.

Southern Indiana Railway Line Acquired – Inside INdiana Business

Date: 08/14/22 11:23
Author: Martin_K_OToole

I was querying geographically, not corporately. 

MKOT

Date: 08/15/22 08:47
Author: Baxtersta

NS has multiple trains daily.  Their line through New Albany is easily viewed from the waterfront park there. Pushers are frequently used to push westbounds up the grade to Georgetown, IN.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds