Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Is CSX A768 - still making runs?

Date: 09/21/22 06:25
Is CSX A768 - still making runs?
Author: rockymnt

Hello,
Is CSX A768 still running out of Waycross/Rice over to Jesup/Doctortown/Rayonier?  If so, how often? 
Thanks very much.

Date: 09/22/22 07:55
Re: Is CSX A768 - still making runs?
Author: ewlanctot

Unrelated to your question, I noticed something outside of the Rayonier plant to the west of US Highway 84.  Do you what the structure is next to the track across the street from the following address?

333 Dogwood Ext
Jesup, GA  31545

Is it an old scale house?  It is intersesting - there is a gate, and a bi-directional traffic signal.  There is also an air conditioning unit in the block house, although it doesn't appear to be used anymore.

Just curious,

Eric Lanctot

Date: 09/22/22 20:30

Looks like a scalehouse.  There's also a galvanized pole with what looks like a RFID reader or similar.   I'm not from that area so I have no personal knowledge about it.

Date: 09/23/22 07:54
Author: RFandPFan

It's L725 now, runs daily as far as Walthourville (Fort Stewart interchange) if they have cars for them.  Still works the Rayonier plant, but CSX lost a lot of their traffic to NS that serves the plant from the other side.  It leaves Waycross in the morning and the dispatcher normally will ask if they are "going to the mill today".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/22 07:55 by RFandPFan.

Date: 09/23/22 08:49

Thanks very much for the information.  I appreciate it!  I'll look for it leaving Rice/Waycross on the VR cam.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0649 seconds