Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Two x Twenty-Fifth in Twenty Four

Date: 09/26/22 05:44
Two x Twenty-Fifth in Twenty Four
Author: jbohdan2

I puzzled about where to post these series of shots, as I usually am on the Eastern Forum, but these were technically made west of Chicago.  I elected to stay in my familiar turf.  A little over a week ago I began my annual week off by heading west toward Galesburg, IL as my jumping off point for rail-related travel.  My timing for the trip seemed horrible for a couple days with the projected national strike or shutdown looming, but it all worked out (for now) and the wheels kept running.  Sunday September 18th dawned crisp and clear, and the morning activity on the former ATSF Transcon was furious.  Early on I caught a massive Q-CHILAC with a 4x4 consist lead by the 25th Anniversary #5828.  Although I regularly see BNSF power close to my home in northern Indiana, I have never seen one of these units since they were let loose on the system.  There is some irony there, in that the next day found me in DeKalb, IL on UP's former CNW main out of Chicago. I set up my shot anticipated a ubiquitous faded UP Gevo, and what appears on the lead, but yet another BNSF Anniversary unit.  My dumb luck continues.

Date: 09/26/22 05:45
Re: Two x Twenty-Fifth in Twenty Four
Author: jbohdan2

Dekalb, IL.

Date: 09/26/22 10:58
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice catches of the 2 Anniversary units - both leaders!

Rich

Date: 09/28/22 16:43
Author: jmbreitigan

A great catch.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds