Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Big Power in Northern Maine

Date: 10/06/22 15:35
Big Power in Northern Maine
Author: cn6218

J. D. Irving's Eastern Maine Railway has some big power running on the old Canadian Pacific shortline across Maine.  From a visit in May, here is train 907 crossing the Mattawamkeag River in Bancroft, ME, led by one of the road's 6 SD70M-2s.  These ex-Norfolk Southern diesels were refurbished by Progress Rail before being delivered to the railway.  Two each are lettered for NB Southern, Eastern Maine, and Maine Northern Railways.  They travel between Brownville Jct., ME and Saint John, NB on the old CP line, and also venture as far north as Squa Pan on the old Bangor & Aroostook, which MNR now operates.

With another pair of east/west freights added recently, more big power is on the way, and some SD40-2s will likely be retired.

GTD

Date: 10/06/22 18:59
Re: Big Power in Northern Maine
Author: scoobydoobydoo

Scoobydoo says RRRRRRRRRRRRRUFFFFF AWSOME !!!!

Date: 10/07/22 10:12
Author: Gonut1

Must be some substantial traffic.
Go

Date: 10/08/22 05:32
Author: JUTower

Neat photo.  Am I correct in my understanding that this is essentially the easternmost piece of former CP, giving current CP (via the CMQ acquisition) its connection to St. John? More traffic over CMQ could lead to more traffic on these roads too, I imagine...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0426 seconds