Home Open Account Help 145 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Derailment in Missouri

Date: 11/17/22 11:22
NS Derailment in Missouri
Author: Spoony81

An NS train derailed in Paris, MO (east of Moberly, MO) this morning after hitting a semi carrying a silo tank at a crossing. No injuries reported

https://khqa.com/news/local/no-injuries-reported-after-train-hit-a-semi-in-paris-missouri#

*edited to get the proper news link in

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/22 11:28 by Spoony81.

Date: 11/17/22 14:56
Re: NS Derailment in Missouri
Author: ironmtn

That is a miracle that no one was injured. Thank goodness for the traincrew, and yes for the truck driver too. I know that crossing well from my days in Columbia, Mo., and trips up to Moberly and east through Paris. Nothing about the crossing that I can recall which would have been an issue in this accident, and it was protected at least by flashers (they're on the ground in one photo).

Trains on that route still handle lots of auto parts traffic for KC, particularly the three side-by-side Ford assembly lines at the Claycomo, Mo. plant just northeast of Kansas City. That ex-Wabash line is one of the few routes today where you can still reliably see those big auto parts boxcars that are on the ground in the photos. Lots of finished vehicles handled, too, although any racks with them aren't visible derailed in the images. A derailed rack filled with F-150 pickups built at Claycomo would be a pricey freight claim for NS.

Best wishes to the crew, and hopes for speedy recovery from the incident in whatever way that is needed.

MC

Date: 11/17/22 16:19
Author: Spoony81

Here’s some good drone video. The train was WB
https://fb.watch/gSyfExmASp/

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/17/22 16:35
Author: wabash2800

It looks like a  quck stop--only a few car lengths from the crossing. I wonder how fast the train was going? That slilo must have been a sight for the train crew when they first noticed it. Maybe they first thought it was a tanker? Oh my God.

Victor B.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/22 20:05 by wabash2800.

Date: 11/18/22 05:37
Author: cjvrr

I wonder if the trailer got stuck on the crossing.  Looks to have been only a few inches above ground.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds