Home Open Account Help 208 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question about two Michigan railroad depots.

Date: 02/04/23 07:36
Question about two Michigan railroad depots.
Author: junctiontower

I am starting to plan our 2023 roadtrip season, and one of our trips will cover some of the railroad depots in southern Micigan.  The Dynamic Depot Maps website lists existing depots at Corey and Leonidas.  So far, I have been unable to confirm that either one are still there.  Any Southern Michigan experts out there?

Date: 02/04/23 08:22
Re: Question about two Michigan railroad depots.
Author: CedarRapids

According to the Railroad Station Historical Society database, Corey exists but Leonidas is doubtful. 

Corey has been moved to Corey Lake Road and is now a residence, has additions on all sides and is urecognizable as a depot.
Leonidis was moved two miles west of town but not found back in 2006.

I have no direct knowledge of Michigan stations but do use the RSHS database, in conjunction with Dynamic Depots, when searching for stations.  Some of the states are listed alphabetically while others are by county.  Link here http://www.rrshs.org/Struct.index/strucindex.htm

Elizabeth

Date: 02/04/23 10:25
Author: Roadbed

Not an expert,but you should have good depot luck at St. Joseph, Watervliet, Bangor & Holland in southwest Michigan.

Date: 02/04/23 10:55
Author: junctiontower

Roadbed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not an expert,but you should have good depot luck
> at St. Joseph, Watervliet, Bangor & Holland in
> southwest Michigan.

Yes, that will be part of another trip.  We have friends that live outside of Buchanan MI, and we plan on covering that area and then meeting up with them for dinner before returning to Fort Wayne.

Date: 02/05/23 10:48
Author: stockwood

Check out the depot in Three Oaks Michigan.

Date: 02/06/23 17:36
Author: bogieman

The depot in Niles is well maintained and an active stop.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds