Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > South Jersey Panorama

Date: 03/23/23 05:52
South Jersey Panorama
Author: cr2581

Took advantage of some spring-like weather earlier this week and captured the CA11 Turn heading north through Penns Grove. The Delaware Memorial Bridge can be seen in the upper left and the Wilmington, DE port area lies directly across the Delaware River. Spring has just arrived in the Northeast and it won't be long before the dog days of summer are upon us. Looking forward to a few more days like this before the heat and humidity arrives.

Enjoy !

Date: 03/23/23 05:57
Re: South Jersey Panorama
Author: Gonut1

Nice! Haven't seen much along the shores of the Upper Delaware since TO member "Out of Service" went OOS. OOS provided some interesting views from on the water at the few reamining dockside rail facilities.
Your aerial is refreshing and colorful.
Gonut

Date: 03/23/23 06:21
Author: cr2581

Nice of Gonut1 to remember "OOS Chuck" and all of the coverage he provided here on the Eastern Board. I am sorry to report he passed away in January after a long bout with cancer. His name was Charles Kulesa and for those who often wondered who that guy in the gold Suburban with the two dogs was - well that was Chuck. I knew him personally as we both worked for the same employer before retiring. I saw him at Pennsauken frequently but we hadn't crossed paths since I moved to Delaware. He was indeed a unique individual and his in-depth knowledge of Southern Jersey operations will be missed by all. RIP Chuck. Your memory lives on.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/23 06:24 by cr2581.

Date: 03/23/23 08:00
Author: boejoe

Thanks for the info about Chuck.  RIP

Date: 03/23/23 10:01
Author: refarkas

Great scene.
Bob

Date: 03/24/23 12:06
Author: jmbreitigan

Also sorry to hear of Chucks passing. We corresponded a few times. A nice guy.
John

Date: 03/25/23 15:42
Author: railburner

RIP Chuck

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds