Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Gulf & Atlantic Acquired 3 Midwest Short Lines

Date: 03/30/23 13:28
Gulf & Atlantic Acquired 3 Midwest Short Lines
Author: pt199

Short line holding company Gulf & Atlantic Railway has announced that it has acquired short line railroads operating in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois.
The properties include the Chesapeake & Indiana, which operates over 28 miles in northwest Indiana; the Camp Chase Railway, which operates 15miles in Columbus, Ohio; and the Vermilion Valley, which operates 10 miles from the Illinois-Indiana border to Olin, Indiana.

The VV operates a locomotive shop at Olin that restores and repaints locomotives.
All three short lines were acquired from the Midwest & Bluegrass, which had in turn acquired them from Indiana Boxcar in September 2020.Indiana Boxcar still owns several units leased to the railroads.

G&A also owns the 430-mile Florida, Gulf & Atlantic and the 228-mile Grenada Railway in Mississippi.
M&B continues to own the Youngstown & Southeastern Railroad in Ohio and the Transkentucky Transportation Railroad. From the akronrrblog

Date: 03/30/23 14:25
Re: Gulf & Atlantic Acquired 3 Midwest Short Lines
Author: wabash2800

The C&I was acquired by someone else just a few years ago wasn't it?

Victor Baird

Date: 03/30/23 18:23
Author: ShortlinesUSA

As noted in the release, Indiana Boxcar sold the C&I (and its other railroads) to Midwest & Bluegrass Rail in 2020. Now MB selling to Gulf & Atlantic.

Mike Derrick

Posted from Android

Date: 03/30/23 18:50
Author: wabash2800

Thanks. I have a friend who worked both for the original C&I owner and the 2nd one.

Victor Baird

Date: 03/31/23 04:31
Author: BurtNorton

....and the downward spiral begins.....

Date: 03/31/23 23:37
Author: junctiontower

BurtNorton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....and the downward spiral begins.....

Care to elaborate?

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0509 seconds