Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 268 today on the Reading Line (w/Erie HU)

Date: 09/14/23 14:47
NS 268 today on the Reading Line (w/Erie HU)
Author: dschlegel

Does anyone know what happened today with the 268? It sat without any power for a long time between Bowers and Topton this morning. I then saw it pulling east with the Erie NS 1068 trailing around 11am while taking a brake from work. Then at noon I took a drive and it was back this time blocking two Topton crossings for about an hour (that I can confirm, it may have been there longer).

Postings on HU have it barely 10 miles east of Topton 4 hours later.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/14/23 14:49
Re: NS 268 today on the Reading Line (w/Erie HU)

Videos from the Topton business district around 12:15.....

Dan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/14/23 20:49
Author: OHRY

Short story....a bad time was had by all. What a debacle.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/15/23 03:22

OHRY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Short story....a bad time was had by all. What a
> debacle.
>
> Posted from Android

I guess!

There was a guy in an older Ford pickup that was 3 vehicles from the crossing. His truck had no reverse so everyone in front of him was stuck. I pushed him backwards until he could clearly turn into Tony’s drive through lane and turn around.

Then there was a yellow school van first in line that wouldn’t reverse to go to a different crossing as that block is a one-way going north.

The unanswered question though is whether Steve the barber made it back to his shop from Jak’s in time for his next appointment.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/15/23 04:48
Author: OHRY

All the crossings Macungie were blocked all afternoon and evening. Either had to go to Emmaus or Alburtis to get across.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/15/23 05:07
Author: ALCO630

as of midnight, the train was supposedly fixed but tied down waiting for a crew with three crossings one of which is a major state highway blocked.

It was gone by 6 o’clock, so sometime overnight NS finally decided to allow the good citizens of Macungie to have their borough back. What a pathetic way to run a railroad.

Posted from iPhone

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 09/16/23 08:15
Author: Darthsimpletext

268 delayed again! Stopped east of 79.9 dragging equipment detector looking for multiple detector hits in his train

i think he should get into new jersey earlier today

nick

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds