Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some from Fri/Sat on the CNO&TP

Date: 09/17/23 05:32
Some from Fri/Sat on the CNO&TP
Author: dan7366

As is my tradition for weeks that I have to take a test Friday mornings, I leave after the test and go sit trackside. 

Pics 1 & 2:  The hope for the day was to be able to get NS 123 with the ex-CMQ trailing.  Fortunately, they weren't running very fast and I was able to just get ahead and shoot them at Rockwood.
Pic 3:  I always like seeing these old WC boxcars.

More.......

Date: 09/17/23 05:35
Re: Some from Fri/Sat on the CNO&TP

Pic 4:  I can't recall ever seeing these Incobrasa Industries hoppers before, but 123 had a good number of them, some well aged it appeared.
Pic 5:  Second train of the day, NS 174 heading north at Rockwood.
Pic 6:  T45 heads back to Chattanooga after working in Harriman.

More...........

Date: 09/17/23 05:38

Some rolling stock from T45.
Pics 7 & 8: It was a treat to see these 86' autoparts boxcars.  It's been quite a while since I've seen any.
Pic 9:  These new coil steel cars certainly didn't make it long before getting tagged.  If I remember correctly, there has been previous discussion here on how appealing of a canvas they would be to taggers.

More.........

Date: 09/17/23 05:42

Pic 10:  171 followed T45 south.
Pic 11:  The repositioning of reporting marks on TBOX repaints suggests a general acceptance that tagging is here to stay.  The repaints I've seen that have been tagged, I can't recall the reporting marks being covered at all.
Pic 12:  T36 heading back to Emory Gap after working as far south as Dayton, where they work the Nokian Tyres factory.

More........

Date: 09/17/23 05:45

Pic 13:  Carbon Black hopper on T36.  They had half a dozen or so of various styles in the train.
Pic 14:  29A heads south.
Pic 15:  Mid train DPUs on 29A.

More...........

Date: 09/17/23 05:47

Pic 16:  Heading home, stopped at Emory Gap.  73Z had just come out from Kingston Steam Plant and tied down.
Pic 17:  60C passes a now tied down T36 at Emory Gap.

That's it for Friday.

More...........

Date: 09/17/23 05:56

Saturday

Pic 18:  M67 at Sunbright with two surprises.  The leader is the obvious one.  The trailer is the other - it was #3 on northbound 174 at Rockwood the previous day.
Pic 19:  What sounded like 921, southbound in Lancing, TN in a decent rain.

No more pics.

Other info:
NS has added a defect detector at Pilot Mountain, I think the 234.8 MP specifically, but I could be off by a couple decimals.  I'm told that 10-15 years ago, there was a previous one there that was removed.
NS is also in the process of upgrading other detectors up in KY around Flat Rock.  Which one(s) specifically, I'm not sure, but MOW was working up there both Friday and Saturday, with conditional stop signs posted.
With regards to the above, there is a relatively new live feed available that covers almost all the way from Phillips (just north of the New River Bridge) to Burnside.  As I'm not familiar with names north of Flat Rock, I can't say for sure how far it actually covers north of there.  Actual coverage will certainly vary based on conditions, but it's a very useful tool to have.

Dan

Date: 09/17/23 08:32
Author: dschlegel

Good stuff!!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/17/23 11:03
Author: MEKoch

You will see plenty of the Incobrasa cars at Gridley & Gilman, IL on the TP&W tracks.  Soybean loading.  

Date: 09/17/23 13:32

dschlegel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good stuff!!
>
> Dan
>
> Posted from iPhone

Thank you.

Dan

Date: 09/17/23 13:33

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You will see plenty of the Incobrasa cars at
> Gridley & Gilman, IL on the TP&W tracks.  Soybean
> loading.  

Thanks for that info.  Looking at their website, and that the cars I saw were loaded, I'm guessing that these were loads of feed for livestock.

Dan

Date: 09/17/23 14:38
Author: BruceStikkers

The Incobrasa site at Gilman announced a major expansion recently so you may be seeing more of their cars. They ship a lot of soybean meal (the dry part that is left after they take to oil out) for livestock feed.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.081 seconds