Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Quiet Easter Sunday in Lake Erie Land

Date: 03/31/24 16:50
A Quiet Easter Sunday in Lake Erie Land
Author: train1275

Sunday March 31, 2024
Happy Easter !
Vermilion, OH
39 degrees - very chill wind, mostly gloomy with a short period of sun and blue skies

Out for a few hours today and it was slow at trackside. Intermittent on the scanner, but generally pretty quiet here. Finally caught two while at the docks and called it a day.

1. & 2. Train 310 the Elkhart, IN to East Binghamton, NY manifest comes by with NS 7542 and 3679 up front and NS 1210 as a rear DPU.

3. Then the 22X roars by hot on his tail with NS 7617, 4385 and 1078, power that went west yesterday on 23G.

Date: 03/31/24 16:53
Re: A Quiet Easter Sunday in Lake Erie Land
Author: train1275

4. Not much to do here while waiting for trains, but watching the gulls catch fish was fun.

5. A few Mallard Ducks swimming about too, and not much else.

Date: 03/31/24 17:22
Author: dschlegel

Happy Easter!

That 22X will roll by me around sun up tomorrow, I usually miss it but occasionally will see it on my way to work.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/31/24 20:28
Author: Gonut1

Cool catch of the Gull and fish. I have a Dove sitting on some eggs on my back porch on a shelf. She had three "clutches" last year. I think they are called clutches?
We usually have about 6-8 daytime trains daily. I saw only one this afternoon. Account of Easter I'd guess.
It was mostly cloudy but some sun and about 65F today in eastern PA. This gave me an opportunity to prep my race car for the season and do some sorely needed repairs to my 2021 Ford Ranger.
Gonut

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds