Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Less than 24 hours before the tornado.

Date: 04/03/24 08:33
Less than 24 hours before the tornado.
Author: dan7366

For those who aren't aware (I was surprised to see it made national news), Sunbright TN was hit by a tornado yesterday afternoon.  No fatalities were reported and all were accounted for, though several buildings were destroyed or damaged.  Just under 24 hours previous to this, I managed to get NS 219 with a Warbonnet leader heading south.

Dan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/03/24 08:46
Re: Less than 24 hours before the tornado.
Author: srman

Did not know that about Sunbright. When visiting family down south I always take the long way traveling down U,S. 27 and the CNO&TP. Nice catch on the warbonnet leader,  

Date: 04/03/24 12:59
Re: Less than 24 hours before the tornado.
Author: dan7366

srman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did not know that about Sunbright. When visiting
> family down south I always take the long way
> traveling down U,S. 27 and the CNO&TP. Nice catch
> on the warbonnet leader,  

Thanks.

Since you've driven through several times, I'm sure you'll recognize the spots shown in the video.
https://www.wvlt.tv/video/2024/04/03/wvlt-drone-video-tornado-aftermath-sunbright-tennessee/

For those interested, at the 2:00 mark, there's a car coming down the hill at the top right of the screen.  The flat spot there is where the CNO&TP used to run through Sunbright prior to the realignment in the 60's I think it was.

Dan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds