Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX OCS 8-23-22

Date: 04/05/24 18:15
CSX OCS 8-23-22
Author: CSX2605

August 23, 2022
Longest video of the CSX Officers Car Special train that you will ever see. The OCS was running down the CE&D sub so I had my ground camera and drone set up south of Vincennes, IN while a friend had his drone north of town at Smith siding. He then ran down to Princeton, IN and caught it again at Gibson and Alliance sidings. Alliance is used for coal trains going into and coming out of the Alliance coal loop.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/05/24 19:15
Re: CSX OCS 8-23-22
Author: Gonut1

Very nicely done! Almost looked like the "Romance of the Rails" has returned. Sigh not to be, we're stuck with Amtrak. Great captures of a rare event. Thank you!
Off Topic, What's up with all that green stuff? Here in the Mid-Atlantic states we are still watching the trees budding out with no leaves yet. The only green crops is the winter wheat and the batch of weeds I call a lawn that needs mowed now that the rain has stopped and hopefully so has any further earthquake action. The only other green is in the four flats of Tomato, Pepper, Eggplant and some other assorted veggies in my basement nursery, just waiting to be introduced to fresh air and real sunshine! For them May 15th can't come soon enough for safe frost-free planting!
Gonut

Date: 04/05/24 19:37
Author: CSX2605

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Off Topic, What's up with all that green stuff?
> Here in the Mid-Atlantic states we are still
> watching the trees budding out with no leaves yet.
> The only green crops is the winter wheat and the
> batch of weeds I call a lawn that needs mowed
> Gonut
Thanks!  It was filmed August 23, 2022 so that is why all the green is there.

Date: 04/06/24 01:53
Author: ClubCar

That is one great video of a great looking train.  The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad lives on with CSX and their office car train as I have repeatedly stated, those three engines are the real heritage engines on CSX along with those B&O looking passenger cars.  Thank you so much for sharing this video with everyone, I personally appreciate watching it as it reminds me of the good-ole-days of the B&O.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 04/06/24 06:24
Author: NS7112

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Off Topic, What's up with all that green stuff?
> Here in the Mid-Atlantic states we are still
> watching the trees budding out with no leaves yet.
> The only green crops is the winter wheat and the
> batch of weeds I call a lawn that needs mowed now
> that the rain has stopped and hopefully so has any
> further earthquake action. The only other green is
> in the four flats of Tomato, Pepper, Eggplant and
> some other assorted veggies in my basement
> nursery, just waiting to be introduced to fresh
> air and real sunshine! For them May 15th can't
> come soon enough for safe frost-free planting!
> Gonut

This time of year in Indiana(March/April) the very green fields you see is winter wheat that will be harvested in July.  It greens up before anything else does and is planted in the fall.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/24 06:24 by NS7112.

Date: 04/06/24 14:45
Author: uniondepot

Awesome work and well done!!!

Thanks for including some excellent SW Indiana work on here; especially, Vincennes!

UD

Date: 04/06/24 14:55
Author: wabash2800

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. It kind of reminds me of Acme Cinematography's footage on the CSX Indiana SubDivsion. I can't understand why they took that video off of the tube and left the western ones.

Victor Baird

Date: 04/07/24 16:42
Author: ns1000

Great video!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds