Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A shot that took forty years to make

Date: 04/21/24 09:02
A shot that took forty years to make
Author: srman

In 1984 some of my family moved to the Atlanta area. Over those years when I headed south to there from Louisville Ky. I would take the scenic way. That is the old CNO&TP down U.S. 27 to Chattanooga then on towards Atlanta catching any railroad action that I could. When passing through Harriman Tennessee I would often think that it would be cool to catch a train on the bridge crossing the Emory River there. That didn't happen until this past Thursday while heading home. NS 72Z with BNSF power was leaving the Kingston power plant and heading across that bridge. After its DPU cleared the switch a short distance north of here it would then head south towards Chattanooga and west towards Memphis. Attached are two images with the BNSF ACe leading the train and the DPU following that would eventually lead the empties south.  

Date: 04/21/24 09:18
Re: A shot that took forty years to make
Author: vern

Better late than never,my friend! I love 'em.

Vernon Sargent
Greencastle, IN

Date: 04/21/24 10:10
Author: swaool

Very nice!  That's actually the old Tennessee Central bridge.  And at some point after 1990, they replaced the wooden pilings with steel.  Here's NS 5140 and friends on the bridge in October 1990.

mike woodruff
north platte ne

Date: 04/21/24 11:21
Author: refarkas

Super scenes - They were worth the wait.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds