Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some "Family Lines" goodness!

Date: 04/25/24 19:58
Some "Family Lines" goodness!
Author: CSX2605

Finally caught CSX 1972, the Family Lines unit, and it was a rear DPU. It has been on C040, coal from Oaktown, IN to Orlando, FL, and has passed me a couple times in darkness. Today it passed the Princeton VR cam northbound at 01:00 on the way to Oaktown and at 12:00 it was loaded and winding it's way onto the CE&D sub mainline southbound for Orlando.
Here I caught it rolling through the countryside just south of Vincennes, IN splitting our soybean field and the neighbor's cantaloupe field. They just planted the cantaloupes yesterday.
They say good fences make good neighbors but I prefer railroad tracks. LOL!

Date: 04/25/24 20:15
Re: Some "Family Lines" goodness!
Author: Gonut1

Interesting! Nice CSX shots.
Tonight here in eastern, PA we have a frost and freeze warning. I'm guessing it is slightly warmer in your neck of the woods? My veggie seedlings are on my back porch but I covered them with additionally a couple bath towels account of the freeze warning tonight. Hopefully the additional cover will retain any of today's heat. Frost free here is May 15th but 32 degrees doesn't care about frost.
Gonut

Date: 04/26/24 03:33
Re: Some "Family Lines" goodness!
Author: CSX2605

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting! Nice CSX shots.
> Tonight here in eastern, PA we have a frost and
> freeze warning. I'm guessing it is slightly warmer
> in your neck of the woods? 
> Gonut
We had a very close call last Monday morning but all was good. I know a helicopter was brought in for one melon field to keep the air stirred early Monday morning. I think we are good now based on the extended forecast. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds