Home Open Account Help 194 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The VGN and GREX, beauty and the beast

Date: 05/07/24 12:42
The VGN and GREX, beauty and the beast
Author: EL833

Despite a rather gloomy day, the draw of the still fresh Virginian heritage unit with a former CM&Q GE got me out of the house and down to the NS Ft Wayne Line. After a photo in Alliance, Ohio I headed over to Canton where this train (NS #171) had a set off and a pick up at the former PRR Fairhope yard, seen here from the Harmont/Trump Ave NE bridge. I remembered shooting a Conrail local years ago from the same location, so dug up the slide and scanned it. After 171 finished their work it continued west, shown passing the former Canton Ice and Cold Storage building near downtown Canton. More coming.....

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 05/07/24 12:46
Re: The VGN and GREX, beauty and the beast

We've seen the beauty, now the beast....I heard what sounded like a work train in Louisville as I was making my way from Alliance to Canton, so checked it out. The train was powered by GREX 6008, a GP38M from what I could find. Anyway, back to the beauty for one more, this time with Carl at Massillion to end my day.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 05/07/24 12:47
Author: refarkas

Well-crafted scenes.
Bob

Date: 05/07/24 12:49

3 more, why not....a train and two rolling roster grabs near Maximo, Ohio (between Alliance and Louisville).

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 05/07/24 16:26
Author: train1275

Excellent series and I like the then and now !

Date: 05/08/24 04:54
Author: NiagaraMike

Well done !

Date: 05/08/24 22:54
Author: coach

In that first photo:  what kind of load is being carried in that gondola??!  It looks like a load of plastic bags!

Date: 05/09/24 14:39
Author: ns1000

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In that first photo:  what kind of load is being
> carried in that gondola??!  It looks like a load
> of plastic bags!

To keep it simple, its garbage.....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds