Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Mothers Day NS Reading Line Scenes

Date: 05/12/24 17:43
Mothers Day NS Reading Line Scenes
Author: dschlegel

After getting my wife her favorite doughnuts this morning I was able to grab NS 19G at Lyons, PA before the focus of the day changed to honoring her for Mothers Day. 

I was also able to get out after dinner for about 45 minutes, those videos will follow shortly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/24 17:50 by dschlegel.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/12/24 17:45
Re: Mothers Day NS Reading Line Scenes

After dinner this evening I was able to catch a short 20X at Lyons, PA, more to come.

Date: 05/12/24 17:47

14 minutes after the 20X I grabbed the eastbound New Bethlehem Star-NS 200 with the usual power sounding great at Bowers, PA. Note the corn is starting to push in the fields! One more yet........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/24 17:51 by dschlegel.

Date: 05/12/24 17:50

And finally just 10 minute later and 2 miles east of Bowers in Topton, PA I was able to catch what I think was the NS 269 headed west by the old station, which is just a block from home for me.

Enjoy and be sure to tell your moms happy Mother's Day!

Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/24 17:51 by dschlegel.

Date: 05/12/24 19:37
Author: Gonut1

Well, my Mom's been gone for decades, but I did deliver my wife to my younger son and wife's home (in Berks County!) where we were joined by his older brother and wife for a nice family dinner honoring "Mom". Outside it was a grubby day weatherwise but inside was an nice get together. Didn't catch any train action but yesterday I caught an eastbound Harrisburg Line train of what was probably a Tie Gang on their way to a job site.
Thanks for sharing.
Gonut

Date: 05/13/24 03:33
Author: CSX2605

Great videos Dan! That 19G had some nice Geeps in tow. That would wake you up if your semi was parked at that loading dock where 20X passed by. LOL! NS 200 did sound so good rolling along the young corn plants.  Cool angle at the station with a very short NS 269 passing.
My wife went to visit her mom for Mothers Day as we were busy finishing up planting corn before the rain today. Planting not far from the tracks and having a drone I was able to catch M216 then right when we quit for the evening I was able to catch the military train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds