Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Loco Question

Date: 11/10/03 07:49
CSX Loco Question
Author: Phil

Got a couple of questions regarding CSX SD40-2 # 8803. What was its original Conrail number and who did the wreck repair on it? This units now has ditchlights mounted above the anticlimber and the nose has had some body and paint work done to it. There is some CSX grey on the nose and Conrail Quality is painted on the nose by using some basic stencils. Any idea what might have happened to this unit?

Phil

Date: 11/10/03 11:45
Re: CSX Loco Question
Author: BL2

Its ex-CR 6373. As for the rest I don't know

Date: 11/10/03 12:16
Author: toledopatch

Wasn't that one of the Olympic Bicycle Trials units?

Last time I saw 8803, it had an almost solid blue nose with a tiny Conrail stencilled on it. But I don't remember any gray.

Date: 11/10/03 12:52
Author: CR70MAC

Yes this unit is the CR 6373, which indeed was the old Altoona Bikerace painted units. SD50 6726 was another unit painted the same way. Was then repainted into the Quality scheme and had an octagonal 2-million man hours injury free logo in the same spot afterwards. I believe this unit is now repainted? Would like to see some recent pics of this unit.

-Scott, Philly PA

Date: 11/11/03 07:40
Author: Phil

The nose has a small portion of CSX grey on the front cab door side. The Conrail Quality was done using basic stenciling instead of the standard Conrail Quality lettering. That tells me that this unit was involved in a mishap of some sort and had some wreck repair done to it.

Phil

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds