Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Paul Merriman

Date: 01/23/04 06:43
Paul Merriman
Author: Chessie2018

I was just reading the Chattanooga Times at Northwestern Tech and saw that Paul Merriman, owner of Southern 4501 and founer of the Tennessee Valley Railroad, has passed away and I hope he will be up in the big roundhouse in the sky and be working on heaven's locomotives.

Jason/Chessie2018

Date: 01/23/04 19:43
Re: Paul Merriman
Author: kenw

I used to get a lot of mail from Paul Merriman, but I thought he lived here in Houston. Could there be 2 foamers named Paul Merriman?? If this was him, I shall miss his friendliness.

Date: 01/24/04 09:48
Author: ConductorAl

Paul lived in Sewanee, Tennessee for many years and later in Tullahoma, Tennessee at an assisted living home. Last time I saw Paul was about four years ago when a friend and I were in the area and stopped by. Love him or hate him, he was one of a handful of unique characters in the railfan and preservation group.

Date: 01/24/04 21:13
Author: saludamtn

Why would anybody hate him? I never met him but you've gotta like a guy who rescued a plain-jane 2-8-2 and turned her into the Great Lady of Southern Railroading.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds