Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > When did Tellier step down from CN?

Date: 01/23/04 13:48
When did Tellier step down from CN?
Author: NEtower

Just read something in the news items on Trainorders that talks about CN's former CEO Tellier taking over Bombardier. I didn't know that he had stepped down from Canadian National. When did this happen? Thanks in advance,
NEtower

Date: 01/23/04 15:16
Re: When did Tellier step down from CN?
Author: Rail1

January 2003. I wish he would have stayred, he is a kindler gentler CEO! E Hunter Harrison sucks! Heil Hunter!

Date: 01/23/04 20:22
Author: cliqueofone

Watch your back Rail1. I hear Hillbilly Harrison is starting to come down very hard on anyone that will not follow his train of thought. I don't know how much longer the CNR will last with his tinkering. The system is starting to suffer but the general public either doesn't know or care as to what is really going on. I don't know what HHs true future plans are for the company but I feel that not only will it be bad for the railway and its employees but for all Canadians in Canada. A 33 1/2 year employee of the Canadian National Railways in the Signal Department. Not one of HHs favourite departments. Gene B.

Date: 01/24/04 13:18

Iam not a manager, I have union protection. But thanks for the advice. Yes they are getting very picky about train delays or any kind of delay. Basically managers have to account for all delays, if they dont either Canada or Homewood come calling. Its getting ugly around here now...meanwhile they continue to cut regular jobs to flood the extra board full of people. I continue to work safely, by the rules and do my job. I dont think i would like to be a manager on CN right now, I think EHH is crazy and completely unreasonable! Oh well. Kick back and rake in the dough.

Date: 01/25/04 09:59
Author: gladhand

cliqueofone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Watch your back Rail1. I hear Hillbilly Harrison
> is starting to come down very hard on anyone that
> will not follow his train of thought. I don't know
> how much longer the CNR will last with his
> tinkering. The system is starting to suffer but
> the general public either doesn't know or care as
> to what is really going on. I don't know what HHs
> true future plans are for the company but I feel
> that not only will it be bad for the railway and
> its employees but for all Canadians in Canada. A
> 33 1/2 year employee of the Canadian National
> Railways in the Signal Department. Not one of HHs
> favourite departments. Gene B.

A little employee humor found on an engine, "E. Hitler Harrison Rules, But Not Well".

Date: 01/25/04 12:54
Author: FECSD40-2

EHH seems not to be liked at all. Which CEO is hated by people more, EHH or Krebs? Interesting that predecessors Tellier and Haverty were liked and their successors hated. Kreb's successor Rose is not hated, but his ability to do the job is questioned. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Date: 01/25/04 13:54

He he he! How true. Their is ALOT of graffiti and artwork on the shithouse walls of CN engines, especially the ones coming down from Canada!!!!! Rumor is EHH is trying to put the sqeeze on the Canucks too with that stupid 10 hour basic day etc. The 10 hour day is not working out as planned on the former WC, DWP or IC properties however.
Rumor is the 8 hour basic day will be back, at least in the yards next contract!

Date: 01/25/04 14:27

Maybe Krebs will come out of retirement and run CN when something bad happens and EHH is justifiably kicked out. Hope he doesn't paint everything in his favorite green, yellow and orange colors.

Date: 01/25/04 14:42

FECSD40-2 Wrote:
> Maybe Krebs will come out of retirement and run CN
> when something bad happens and EHH is justifiably
> kicked out. Hope he doesn't paint everything in
> his favorite green, yellow and orange colors.

Please don't misunderstand, I am NOT saying EHH is an ineffective manager. One doesn't become the CEO of a major class-1 & be a dunce! My problem with this guy is the fact that his word means absolutely nothing! His outright lying to his employees is common knowledge to those of us employed by the CNIC.

Date: 01/25/04 15:41

Gladhand, what you describe is far worse, in my opinion, than being an ineffective manager. This shows that EHH has a very low opinion of the employees and that is dangerous to the future of the CN. But that is what the stock exchanges seem to love. Same kind of management at my local phone company (I know, I work there). See you down the line.

Date: 01/25/04 15:57

FECSD40-2 Wrote:
> Gladhand, what you describe is far worse, in my
> opinion than being an ineffective manager. This
> shows that EHH has a very low opinion of the
> employees and that is dangerous to the future of
> the CN. But that is what the stock exchanges seem
> to love. Same kind of management at my local
> phone company (I know, I work there). See you
> down the line.

I couldn't agree more. As the old saying goes, "a man is only as good as his word."

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0831 seconds