Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Cumberland Sub Reroutes

Date: 02/08/04 05:55
Cumberland Sub Reroutes
Author: DPutz

K276 is at Mexico/Cumberland--Rerouted due to derailment on Philly Sub I guess.
U731 is at Brunswick--Why is he rerouted? This is the second KY Coal Train this week.

--Dan

Date: 02/08/04 09:48
Re: Cumberland Sub Reroutes
Author: CNWJAG

Dan,

I had the U731-05 in from C'ville last night. It was a Brooks Run mine (on the Cowen Sub below Grafton)to Newport News, Va train. That one wouldn't be considered a reroute, although I think it would usually use the Mountain Sub east of Grafton instead of the Grafton-Newell-C'ville-Cumberland routing it used last night.

--jag

Date: 02/09/04 11:45
Re: Cumberland Sub Reroutes
Author: wvrailfan

Both the U731 and the U715 originated in the B&O coal fields around Grafton. The U715 you saw earlier in the week came from the Whitetail Mine near Tunnelton on the Mountain Subdivision.

I believe the reason the U731 was routed over Sand Patch was because it had around 100 hoppers, meaning it'd have to be broken into two sections for the trip over the Mountain to Keyser. With the backup of coal in Grafton, they probably felt it'd be simpler to reroute it north to get it out of the way.

Matt

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds