Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CP 2816 consist - other half

Date: 07/11/04 15:29
CP 2816 consist - other half
Author: Fournickles

While CP's steam 2816 - partial consist toured Toronto and Montreal this lash up toured London, Windsor and returned during the same period. Just like the ol' days! Saturday June 5th 2004 spotted from Denfield Bridge CP's 1401,1900,3084 (all power maroon and grey) trailing five passenger cars wb through Hyde Park (London ON) 4pm. Complete with a 'Beaver-shield' on it's nose. The A&B units are actually CN originals updated and repainted. Consist shown on CP's mainline as the double-main to the right are CN's. Great spot for railfanning. Photo...Gordon R Taylor.

Date: 07/11/04 17:02
Re: CP 2816 consist - other half
Author: jonnycando

Beautiful foliage contrast! Ansel would be proud.

Date: 07/11/04 18:48
Author: skeeter

And where exactly is this lovely spot?

Date: 07/11/04 19:32
Author: RuleG

Was this trip open to the public?

Dave

Date: 07/11/04 20:38
Re: CP 2816 consist - other half - Skeeter...
Author: Fournickles

Hyde Park is on the west side of London ON and from the traffic light (in the heart of this little village) you would travel west on a paved road for about one mile, you can easily see the wooden bridge (on your left) from your vehicle. Its neat to have CN and CP travel through right under your feet.
During one visit, I experienced three trains going under my feet at once - don't think all this motion didn't bother my stomach - Whew!

Date: 07/12/04 11:39
Re: CP 2816 consist - other half - Skeeter...
Author: superconductor69

For the time being HYDE PARK or TROLL's BRIDGE is one of the only few places in SW Ontario were the 2 mains can be seen at once....AWESOME PICS!!! by the way;) if anyone else wants to see some pics from this site go to www.railpictures.net my nickname there is (STEELCOWBOYCNR,MJR) and I have many pics from that very location;)

Mike

Date: 07/12/04 13:39
Re: Date of photo
Author: toledopatch

I saw that train go EAST on Saturday, June 5, at Chatham, Ont., and was unaware it was coming back west later that day. In fact, I thought it was running down to Hamilton and then back over to Toronto that afternoon. Are you sure this photo wasn't made on Friday, June 4, when the 1400 et. al. ran westbound to Windsor?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1223 seconds