Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX SC Intermodal Yard Headline Wrong on Front TO Page

Date: 08/05/04 12:52
CSX SC Intermodal Yard Headline Wrong on Front TO Page
Author: jch9596

Guys;

The following headline is wrong on the front page of Trainorders --

"CSXT SC Intermodal Gets Necessary Council Approval"

The FIRST reading was approved by a 4 to 3 margin. It must yet get two more readings and two more approvals. It will be a tough sale and even the CSX officals I spoke to are keeping their fingers crossed while at the same time staying confident to a agree. I was at the meeting on Monday night covering it for a TV station and I can tell you that a lot of people left the hall in a huff.

I can't view the whole page as I'm not a paying member, but the source is probably the Herald news paper out of Rock Hill and their article clearly states -- if I recall correctly -- that INITIAL approval was granted, but it's far from over.

Joe H.
CN2 News Photojournalist
Rock Hill, SC

Date: 08/05/04 13:00
Re: CSX SC Intermodal Yard Headline Wrong on Front TO P
Author: splicer

In the body of the story.......

County planning staff will now review the proposal, and council members will need to hold a public hearing and vote two more times. County Chair Mike Short said he would like to visit Georgia to look at a similar facility touted by CSX officials.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0264 seconds