Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sunday after Summerail symbol help on Shortline

Date: 08/17/04 20:53
Sunday after Summerail symbol help on Shortline
Author: Cameraman

This past Sunday, the day after Summerail I was out on the Shortline sub of CSX between Cincy and Lousiville. Two trains that I photographed got by with out ID'ing their symbol clearly. And one called a symbol, but we latter had another train with the same symbol. Did anyone else see these trains?

A morning westbound auto rack train had two old GE B30-7 5500s leading and a leaser third unit. Lead unit was 5546.

An afternoon eastbound with a LMX unit leading and, I think, a green ex-BN unit trailing on the two unit consist. It went though LaGrange after about 2pm headed to Cincy.

The first eastbound autorack train of the morning called Q226 on the radio -- it had 7614 on the point. We either had two 226s that day or I did not understand his symbol correctly on the radio.

Any help is appreciated.

Date: 08/17/04 21:03
Re: Sunday after Summerail symbol help on Shortline
Author: toledopatch

Doug, I inquired about the first two trains of the morning in an earlier thread. You might want to check the responses I get on that one, too.

I suspect that first eastbound rack train we caught [after the Q272 that we missed, and before the Q268 with the FURX unit] was Q208, based on the sequence of trains I saw over there on Monday. But I'm far from sure about that. Whatever it was, its power -- CSXT7614/FURX3026 -- got up to Detroit sometime on Monday because it came south on Q150 this morning.

Also, the lead unit on that 2 p.m. eastbound was RLCX 8580.

Date: 08/18/04 03:51
Author: srman

CSX S503 is what you saw with the
B30-7's.Caught it myself nearing
Osborn.

Date: 08/18/04 08:04
Author: PowellWye

CSXT 7614 was indeed on Q208 to Collinwood. Then was on Q151 into Detroit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds