Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Is CSX getting 600 ES44AC's?

Date: 12/03/04 12:15
Is CSX getting 600 ES44AC's?
Author: CR4114

I heard about a month or two ago that CSX had an order for 600 ES44AC's to be delivered over the next 4 or 5 years. Is there any truth to this rumor or not?

Date: 12/03/04 12:59
Re: Is CSX getting 600 ES44AC's?
Author: BothanSpy

I receved word from a very high athority from GE that rumor of the order is "Bull$hit". However CSX is in talks to receve some units.

Date: 12/04/04 19:18
Author: CSXSD70MAC

I heard something about they have a pretty high debt and therefore cannot recieve any GE locomotives untill that debt is somewhat paid off, I might be getting my roads mixed up, but I think this is correct, then again, CSX is just barely hanging on and not going bankrupt, if they even try to revive themselves it'd be next to impossible but then they need to ask themselves, Where do they start? Do they go for track mantinance, or do they lay more track then repair what they have? Or do they just let themselves go deeper into trouble and get more locomotives to phase out their older locomotives?

Date: 12/05/04 07:19
Author: pafan

I believe that the debt of NS and CSX is relatively close. I am also doubtful that CSX is anywhere near bankruptcy. Yes, CSX has some big problems and NS is certainly cleaning their clocks, but the outlook is not that bad.

pafan

Date: 12/05/04 20:11
Author: MacBeau

pafan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe that the debt of NS and CSX is relatively close.

I read somewhere it was a million a day interest alone on the debt for the Conrail acquisition for NS. If it is that much for CSX too, that's a hefty debt load.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds