Home Open Account Help 177 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Chicago & Illinois Midland/Illinois & Midland Question

Date: 06/23/05 23:20
Chicago & Illinois Midland/Illinois & Midland Question
Author: SD80MAC4100

How many units are still painted for C&IM???? Thanks for any and ALL answers!!!!

Date: 06/24/05 07:27
Re: Chicago & Illinois Midland/Illinois & Midland Quest
Author: Fandemonium

I don't think any are (at least none that are in service). The last time I was in Springfield at the end of April, there were two green SD20s that appeared to be out of service, an orange SD9, an orange RS1325, and one of the ex-P&PU GP35Cs lettered for the Tazewell & Peoria. Based on reports from the area, TZPR/PPU power has started to freely mix with IMRR power lately.

FM

Date: 06/24/05 08:36

THANKS, Fandemonium

Date: 06/24/05 09:18
Author: madsek01

There are still some SD20s up in Michigan (at least as of last summer) in full C&IM or I&M green paint. They work for a private railroad called Michigan Limestone just east of Manistique in the U.P. You would need to set up a visit ahead of time as they run on about 10 miles of private property but check it out if you are in the area. The operation was real friendly once we got in but we had to set it up as someone took us around.

I know its a long way from Springfield, but is closest to pure green C&IM/I&M that you are going to get.

Kevin

Date: 06/24/05 16:22

Here's a picture I got of one of the C&IM SD20's in Springfield, it wasn't RARE enough for Railpictures.net -- i guess they know where a lot more of them are that aren't front coupled. Photo was taken with permission

Date: 06/25/05 13:14
Author: pinslack

last year i saw an illinois & midland, ex-sp sd45 in ugly grey and scarlett red,i think it was leased to the union pacific, does anyone have updated info on this unit and it's sisters.

Date: 06/26/05 17:11
Author: mderrick

G&W recently transfered the former I&M SD45s to the Portland & Western, so they should spend several years to come in the Pacific Northwest, back home in former SP territory.

Mike Derrick
http://www.shortlinesusa.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds