Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Conway--Myrtle Beach ,SC Area

Date: 07/02/05 04:29
Conway--Myrtle Beach ,SC Area
Author: swalker

Will be vacationing there in mid July.
How is the shortline business in the area lately ???
Anything new since last year I need to check out ??
Thanks !!

Date: 07/03/05 13:25
Re: Conway--Myrtle Beach ,SC Area
Author: cs

Traffic is still happening in the Conway area most of the week. Some weeks are very slow and others are very busy. They'll usually bring a coal train in anytime of the week (including some Saturdays and Sundays).
If you're able to brave the traffic and head out to Conway, head into the downtown area and take a ride down by the river near the steam generating plant and see if there's any cars sitting there. You can also ride by the depot, right out of the downtown area on Hwy 905 and see if there are any engines hanging out there. If you want to stop, please make sure to go into the office and ask if you can take some photos. The guys are mostly nice people from my experiences.
Have fun!

Chris
Conway, SC

Date: 07/04/05 04:15
Author: swalker

I do check out the Depot area and make a stop at the nearby Hobby Store. Does Vulcan still get rock delivery's? Still a lot of equipment stored at Red Hill across from the lumber mill?
Thanks
swalker

Date: 07/05/05 04:37
Author: cs

Yes, the railroad does still bring rock down towards the beach from Conway. I'm not sure if it's Vulcan, but it could be. They also bring lumber loads down behind the Lowe's east of Conway heading into MB.
All of the equipment is still at Red Hill rusting away.

swalker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do check out the Depot area and make a stop at
> the nearby Hobby Store. Does Vulcan still get rock
> delivery's? Still a lot of equipment stored at Red
> Hill across from the lumber mill?
> Thanks
> swalker

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds