Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Unique Passenger cars ?

Date: 07/22/05 14:16
Unique Passenger cars ?
Author: sanmarino

Ever wonder why certain cars wound up where they did ?? Ever wonder how a premier tail car from the B&O could in 2005 be a Subway sandwich shop ?

hmm... ?

Date: 07/22/05 14:57
Re: Unique Passenger cars ?
Author: fjc

That's almost as unique as having a Subway in a train station, such as we have in San Francisco's, CA. Caltrain station at 4th & King St.

Date: 07/22/05 17:03
Author: BaltoJoey

I remember seeing a Baltimore Transit Co. trolley car being used as a roadside produce market for many years.
It was located on Reisterstown Rd. near Owings Mills.

Date: 07/22/05 17:05
Author: dtidave

sanmarino Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ever wonder why certain cars wound up where they
> did ?? Ever wonder how a premier tail car from
> the B&O could in 2005 be a Subway sandwich
> shop ?
>
> hmm... ?

Ugh, if the B&O employees or the day knew their charge would be advertising GARDENBURGERS of all things, theyda probably BURNED the car upon it's retirement!!

Too bad they couldn't paint it into some actual colors... that primer-looking paint just looks awful. Doesnt' want to make me come in and buy a Gardenburger or anything else!

Dave J ---> meat eater and proud of it!

Date: 07/22/05 18:04
Author: lee45174

Are These cars in Akron?

Date: 07/23/05 06:14
Author: RuleG

I've eaten gardenburgers and found them to be pretty tasty. They are no more an insult to B & O chefs than the the typical fast food sub sandwich.

On the positive side, at least the car bodies are in use and being maintained. Recently, there have been a number TO posts about passenger cars just rusting away in yards and even in a museum! So in the future, some one or some group with a lot of money could buy the car from Subway or its successor and restore it. Perhas I'm being naive, but I would think that these B & O cars would be easier to resotre than those which are currently rusting away.

Dave

Date: 07/23/05 10:55
Author: sanmarino

the B&O tail car is located at a Best Western hotel in Fort Washington PA. ex PRR business car 90 the "Delaware" was also located with these 2 cars and scrapped about 10 years ago on site.

Date: 07/25/05 06:43
Author: Gonut1

It was the Coach Inn, a fancy restaurant when first built. For a while there were four cars at the location. Amtrak's national reservation center was located next door until it moved to Delaware. Plus Budd had a nearby building where they assembled their ill-fated SLRVs.

Gonut

Date: 07/25/05 20:10
Author: JAChooChoo

By process of elimination, its the 3301 rebuilt in 1937 for the Royal Blue, and may have operated on that train until it was discontinued in 1958.

Date: 07/25/05 21:28
Author: bnsftul

My old notes show that at one time, there was a B&O diner there also.
Dick Brundage
Tulsa Oklahoma

Date: 10/17/21 13:05
Author: rdgrailfan

B&O tail car and baggage car at the Coach Inn at Ft Washington, PA
well at least one gone with the tail car apparently headed for preversation
Short work on the baggage car, gone in one day, trucks and draft gear saved for somebody

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds