Home Open Account Help 214 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Nice CN paint scheme

Date: 08/05/05 20:33
Nice CN paint scheme
Author: R.Geiter

I caught this guy the other day (3 Aug 05)heading north on NS's Buffalo line. Location: the wye at Rockville.
http://www.railimages.com/albums/album210/aap.jpg

Date: 08/06/05 02:49
Re: Nice CN paint scheme
Author: mderrick

That would be the Alstom Leasing scheme applied to a large batch of ex CN SD40s rebuilt to Dash 3 standards. CN assumed a long term lease and relettered several for the WC, and still continues to do so, I believe.

Mike Derrick
http://www.shortlinesusa.com

Date: 08/07/05 14:11
Author: Castle_Romeo

You're right. The difference with CN's patching of their engines is that they take the time to do it right. None of the messy patching that we see with the leasing companies and other railroads.

Date: 08/08/05 05:03
Author: GTWFAN

Castle_Romeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're right. The difference with CN's patching of
> their engines is that they take the time to do it
> right. None of the messy patching that we see with
> the leasing companies and other railroads.

They might patch their engines good, but have you seen their IC repaints? None of them are consistent, with ICG style cab numbers on some and a small freight car style CN on the long hood on others.

Date: 08/08/05 06:07
Wheels within wheels...
Author: BentnoseWillie

Built as an SD40, delivered to CN in "big noodle" livery, subsequently repainted in safety stripes, later sold to Alstom, rebuilt into an SD40-3, repainted, and leased _back_to CN, then ultimately sold to CN and patched with a new version of the herald it wore when it rolled out of London.

Sweet!

Watching the big wheel turn, I remain:
B-Dubya

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds