Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas Dash 8-40CW Sound Question - "'playing' the horn"

Date: 02/12/06 00:04
Atlas Dash 8-40CW Sound Question - "'playing' the horn"
Author: MrMRL

Since, the Atlas Forum has conked out again over the weekend, I'll post this question here. I recently bought a sound equipped Dash 8-40CW (BNSF-H2). One of the QSI sound options is the ability to "play the horn" which is the special ending that engineers could control by changing the amount of air going to the horn at the end of a sequence. Does this model (Dash 8) come equipped with this feature? If it does, I haven't been able to get the sequence right yet. It clearly states on the bottom of page 9 in the included sound manual that "Your Atlas sound-equipped locomotive may or may not have these special Horn ending sounds included in its feature set." I DO have the Doppler Effect, which is very cool. The reason I am asking this is because I have yet to find any form of a list of the Atlas sound units that do/don't include this feature on the Atlasrr.com site. Thank you for any insight to this quandary.

Robby F. (Mr. MRL)

Date: 02/12/06 03:48
Re: Atlas Dash 8-40CW Sound Question -
Author: kgmontreal

On the prototype locomotive in question the engineer wouold not have been able to play with the horn. Modern locomotives have a horn button controlling a horn valve that is either full on or full off. Unlike older units, a Dash 8-40CW does not have horn valve that the engineer could play with.

KG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds