Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Model Railroading > what's up with microscale?

Date: 02/20/06 21:43
what's up with microscale?
Author: cr6972

does anyone know why microscale hasn't answered any emails or updated their website, or listed their newer decal sets online yet? i hear there is new management.

Date: 02/20/06 22:06
Re: what's up with microscale?
Author: ESPEE5318

Just call them they will ship the sheets you need out to you .

Joe

Date: 02/20/06 22:33

joe,

thanks a lot. i only asked this because a lot of shops near me are having a hard time with them in the distro dept., which i don't understand. detail part sales are really down too. there is a hobby distro in NY that say parts are not selling well. scary it is, especially for esspee fans too.

Date: 02/20/06 22:46
Author: ESPEE5318

A lot of it has to do with Distributors not Microscale or detail part company's. A lot of places don't want to stock this stuff anymore. Don't get me wrong Microscale does not have everything in stock all the time but it is not as bad as most people think. I have started to deal with a few Online shops to get stuff or go direct to the manufacture, because my LHS can't get it or I can get it faster than he can.
I have found these guys to be a good source of detail parts http://www.1stplacehobbies.com/

Joe

Date: 02/21/06 04:24
Author: brfriedm

I know Paul is on here so maybe he can enlighten us. Microscale was supposed to turn on a new website last June. It was to be updated and have the ability to order on line! Yea. June came and went and then they told me over the phone August after the National NMRA. I called in September and they stated they were having problems with the ordering engine. Would love to have it. Probably better off as if I could EASILY order decals online from the factory, I would buy too many. :)

Bruce

Date: 02/21/06 11:31
Author: afn

I sent off an e-mail to them Sunday inquiring to possible Illinois Central passenger car names and numbers. Steve Dunham replied Monday that indeed they were planning on releasing IC sets in the summer.
AF Niederer

Date: 02/21/06 12:39
Author: BNSFCSX

This still doesn't answer the questions as to why e-mails aren't always getting answered or why this new web site isn't up and running yet. Old sight hasn't been updated since like Dec 04 so none of the new decals are on there even. And yes I also know Paul is on here once in a while and surely wish he would chime in. Their product is the best but.....it would be nice if we had an update on the progress.

BNSFCSX

Date: 02/21/06 14:12

I know Paul is going to tell us to call them and ask, so I did. Just got off the phone with a nice sounding lady(Rachael) and she told me atleast another 2 months till the new site is ready. Apparently, the person or company that was building the new website is no longer and they have a new person developing the new site now. :)

Bruce

Date: 02/21/06 14:37
Author: trainman_43

Kinda hard to order newer decals sets when you dont even know WHAT they have out! New management or not, It,s taken WAY to long to update or (atleast) get SOMETHING on the web!

Date: 02/21/06 21:47

joe,

i will check them out. thanks for the link. i have been hearing some good stuff about 1st place. let's see what microscale will do next. bruce, i need decals too, i know the feeling!

matt arentzen
northeastrailworks.com

Date: 02/22/06 05:31
Author: BNSFCSX

YEP, but when you're the only fish in the pond for the majority of decals....

BNSFCSX

Date: 02/22/06 06:48

The cost of building a new site would of paid for itself 10 times by now if they had gotten this done. Costs of answering the phone and taking orders/answering questions would have plummeted and orders would of went up as we could see the new releases and place orders on line. You always add a decal set or 2 when you buy. I know, I know, model railroad decals is only part of their business.

Bruce

Date: 02/22/06 18:58
Author: foamer

There is a new manager (owner?) at Microscale, it is no longer Craig (thank god!). Would be nice to get the site up.

Anyway this new guy stated to me last year at the TrainQuest Swap Meet that about half of Microscale's decal line was going to be discontinued once current stock was sold out. So if you have been waiting to get a certain decal, find it now, it might not be available in the future.

Foamer

Date: 02/22/06 23:08
Author: SantaFeCF7

foamer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a new manager (owner?) at Microscale,

That would be Steve Dunham, met him at the Santa Fe covention in Pasadena this last Summer.

it
> is no longer Craig (thank god!).

Craig is now at Athearn, and has also done some artwork contributions to Oddballs Decals.

> Foamer

Date: 02/27/06 08:59
Author: atsfspeeder

To what is up with Microscale... I am wondering about the emails and to whom they are going? Regarding the web site, the new one has been a new learning curve along with the many bugs and making sure everything its right before pushing the button. Scanning the 3600 images takes allot of time. Making sure the on-line purchasing works correctly are just some of the tasks still need to be covered. The new products list is available from them, but you need to call to get it and not complain over a chat site as to whats up? Understand, Microscale is just two people making it happen, we are big on the outside, but small on the inside. We are doing the best we can with what we have. The new site is very close to be coming a reality. It takes time to get all of the out of stock items back when everything is computer art now days. Old artwork needs to be redrawn and corrected in some cases. You have questions, then call us or email. All emails are answered when sent to the correct address.
Please and thank you!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0555 seconds