Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Model Railroading > Speaking of eBay...

Date: 04/28/06 15:54
Speaking of eBay...
Author: stivmac

Not the you know what--theres an add for a mini spy camera. obviously small enough to mount on a flat car or even a dummy loco. anybody out there ever use on of these things? It transmits thru the air, not over the rails like that Lionel thing of a few years ago so the quality could be a lot better.

Date: 04/28/06 16:33
Re: Mini-camera - was Speaking of eBay...
Author: wfre

Yes, I got one set up for our model rr club. Transmission is a little scratchy unless the tracks are spotless (the sparking on dirty track generates modest interference). One needs a monitor to connect to. I have been impressed by the color and distance of transmission - both very good.

I mounted the camera in an Athearn rotary plough(the old bluebox type) and pushed with an F-unit B.

Antenna needs to be bent back to clear tunnels. Wiring from the camera to the 9V battery is rather husky - DON'T try to modify - there is a small chip embedded in the wire. I missed that and burnt out one unit.

Walt Freedman
Sausalito, CA

Date: 04/29/06 01:07
Re: Speaking of eBay...
Author: GP30

Hey great idea Steve, then you could keep track of the spiders which I have heard are surrounding your layout out in the TBB Car Zone. The mill guy has a few more backdrop pieces if you want them, such as to smash stray spiders with or against. ;-).

As for actually buying a good camera setup reputable places such as Micro Mark have carried them recently and quality and prices vary so it is buyer beware if dealing with someone you do not know of or can't get ratings on. I have also seen one place on the web that has informmation on their site such as of N scale mounted cameras, with pics and videos. I will look for that site adress and post it here for you if I can find it again.

GP30

Date: 04/30/06 07:53
Re: Speaking of eBay...
Author: Chatanuga

I have the camera from Micro-Mark, and it works beautifully.

Kevin
http://chatanuga.org

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds