Home Open Account Help 163 users online

Model Railroading > Tower 55 UP turbine

Date: 07/28/06 06:05
Tower 55 UP turbine
Author: 3985

I looked at the Tower 55 website, and regretably, the UP 8500 hp turbine project has been CANCELLED due to many factors.

We will have to stay with the brass models, I guess.

Date: 07/28/06 06:32
Re: Tower 55 UP turbine
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Probably due to one factor - lack of interest from the masses.

Date: 07/28/06 06:51
Author: brfriedm

Actually, the project was cancelled due to projected costs being too high as T55 was trying to replicate all the turbines exactly in plastic. I spoke to Brian at the show and this project is being reconsidered. Many people told Brian to compromise to make the project less complex. I think this project will be done but not for 2-3 years.

Bruce

Date: 07/28/06 06:53
Author: SCasey

One of the reasons was due to few pre-orders.

Sean

Date: 07/28/06 07:01

Its hard to get preorders when there was no official pricing? I never saw any official pricing. People knew these were going to be expensive but never knew how expensive.

Bruce

Date: 07/28/06 07:04
Author: SCasey

That's what Brian told me. He said that pre-orders were in the mid-hundreds...not enough to go ahead with the project.

Sean

Date: 07/28/06 08:12

Amtrk14 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's what Brian told me. He said that pre-orders
> were in the mid-hundreds...not enough to go ahead
> with the project.
>
> Sean

Once again, many people would NOT preorder unless they saw a real price. I do not do such a thing. Do you?

Bruce

Date: 07/28/06 12:14
Author: SunsetRoute

A week ago I sent Marsh an email concerning the SD70ACe's and when we would be seeing a pre-production models. I am afraid I have unsettling news. He told me that they would not be doing them until they got some cash flow in from the Gevo's. So I doubt we will not see the ACe's until sometime in 2007. That sucks, but what are you going to do? I know I'm a little off topic, but oh well. I know how you turbine lovers might feel, a product getting announced then cancelled. Let's just pray the ACe's don't get the axe.

Date: 07/28/06 13:21
Author: highhood

i thought all 3 items that were anounced [ gevo's - turbine and sd70 ac's ] were suposed to be the same price. though i no longer model up per say i still have my u50s and dd35s so a turbine would have been welcome

Date: 07/28/06 19:40
ACe's
Author: TopcoatSmith

Time for Athearn to get on the ball. Ya listening Carl ??? Go beat johnny dingdong upside his pointy little head and bust it out.

TCS - oh the flavours you can do .... !

Date: 07/28/06 22:47
Re: ACe's
Author: balryan

I have a gevo and have a SD70ACe on order maybe its time to look at the price no cash flow to high a price.
Ryan Ballard

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds