Home Open Account Help 195 users online

Model Railroading > 1/87 scale U25C Locomotives

Date: 09/06/06 12:04
1/87 scale U25C Locomotives
Author: SantaFeRuss

Atlas, Athearn, Walthers/Proto 2000, Tower 55, Broadway Limited Imports, Bowser how about it? Anyone of you guys would do well to put out a quality model of the General Electric U25C.

In the past, there has been talk on this forum regarding a retro-fit drive for the Associated Hobby Manufacturing (AHM)- Rivorosi U25C from the mid-1960's. But I have not heard or seen anything of that. I do know alot of people would like a good model of this U-boat. Any info is welcome.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 09/06/06 12:52
Re: 1/87 scale U25C Locomotives
Author: TCnR

Date: 09/06/06 13:26
Author: burlingtonjohn

Amen Russ!

I am constantly amazed at some of the offerings from the current companies whose prototypes know where matched the production numbers for the U25C.

How many versions of an EMD F unit from how many builders do we need? The GE U23C, U25C and U28C are crying out for representation ... how 'bout it!

Regards,
Burlington John

Date: 09/06/06 14:51
Author: ATSF429

burlingtonjohn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amen Russ!
>
> I am constantly amazed at some of the offerings
> from the current companies whose prototypes know
> where matched the production numbers for the
> U25C.
>
> How many versions of an EMD F unit from how many
> builders do we need? The GE U23C, U25C and U28C
> are crying out for representation ... how 'bout
> it!
>
> Regards,
> Burlington John

If there is a market I am sure they will build them eventually. It all boils done to supply and demand economics.

Date: 09/06/06 16:25
Author: toledopatch

ATSF429 Wrote:
> If there is a market I am sure they will build
> them eventually. It all boils done to supply and
> demand economics.

It seems like the stuff that Santa Fe, Southern Pacific, or Union Pacific owned en masse gets priority -- perhaps because those are the most popular roads, though I'd think the Pennsy ownership of U25C's would give them some cachet.

I, personally, would have no use for a U25C model. Bring on the late-production C36-7's!*

*-The ones with the big boxes behind the cab, looking like Alco C636's. Roads: UP, MoPac in UP yellow, NS, and undecorated.

Date: 09/07/06 07:41
Author: wlankenau

TCnR Wrote:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u25cproject/

Interesting that the photo on their splash page is a U28C! Same body as the 25, of course.

Date: 09/07/06 07:50
Author: SantaFeRuss

toledopatch Wrote:
> ATSF429 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If there is a market I am sure they will build
> > them eventually. It all boils done to supply
> and
> > demand economics.
>
> It seems like the stuff that Santa Fe, Southern
> Pacific, or Union Pacific owned en masse gets
> priority -- perhaps because those are the most
> popular roads, though I'd think the Pennsy
> ownership of U25C's would give them some cachet.
>
> I, personally, would have no use for a U25C model.
> Bring on the late-production C36-7's!*
>
> *-The ones with the big boxes behind the cab,
> looking like Alco C636's. Roads: UP, MoPac in UP
> yellow, NS, and undecorated.

I do my own railroad, the mighty Sunset Coast Line with reporting marks SCLR,and SCLE; as well as BNSF and NS.

The Sunset Coast Line has U25C's as well as late-model C36-7's on the roster. I would love to have C36-7's with the box behind the cab made into a model!!!

ATSF429 mentioned if there is a market, they will eventually make the U25C. Modelers have requested the U25C be produced as a quality model for years. I am sure this model would be well received.

Northen Pacific, Burlington (CB&Q), Pennsyvania RR, Atlantic Coast Line, Louisville & Nashville, Oro Dam, were the original owners of these U-boats.

Burlington Northern, Penn Central, Seaboard Coast Line, Lake Superior & Ishming, Family Lines (SCL-L&N), Conrail all ended up with the U25C through mergers and second-hand. I think some might have also ended up in Mexico, maybe National de Mexico (N de M).

In my view, that is alot of variety in possible road names for the U25C. We sure don't need another F-unit unless it's an FL9.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 09/07/06 09:01
Author: TCnR

They seem to be an excitable bunch, was following Briggs Models and the possiblity of Kaslo working on the project. The Yahoo grouped was formed when it was decided that the progress was too slow and the direction was deemed too narrow. Haven't checked in on them lately, seems like a very popular project and quite a few Rivarossi shells have been stashed away, maybe it's 'time'. Very distinctive prototype, definitely a signature model for time and place.

> -----
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/u25cproject/
>
> Interesting that the photo on their splash page is
> a U28C! Same body as the 25, of course.

Date: 09/07/06 16:57
Author: MrOGDEN

I would go for both, the U25/28C & the C36-7s in both versions! I can do an easy kit~bash of the U23C now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0647 seconds