Home Open Account Help 141 users online

Model Railroading > Problems ordering from Internet Trains?

Date: 01/04/07 09:06
Problems ordering from Internet Trains?
Author: Chatanuga

Is anybody else having problems ordering from Internet Trains?

Back in October, I preordered two of the new Walthers autoracks that came out in November as well as two of the articulated Atlas autoracks that were released last month. The Walthers autoracks came available and were shipped in November. Last month, the Atlas autoracks came available, but I never received anything. I just checked their site, and the one autorack is now back on "preorder" status, and the other is showing as "discontinued". Granted, I haven't been charged for them yet, but since I've had them preordered since October, it's got me wondering what is going on. I did e-mail them again earlier today after checking the site. However, I also e-mailed them last week and never heard anything from them.

My parents and brother had their own issue with them. My brother placed an order with them for our parents since our parents don't know anything about computers. They ordered a couple items well before Christmas, and in November, they were charged for the items but never received anything. Late last week, my brother received an e-mail that the items have been shipped, which I think is pretty slow considering they were charged for the order a month beforehand.

Anybody else having issues with ordering from this site? I'm half tempted to just cancel my preorder for the two Atlas autoracks and look elsewhere.

Kevin
http://chatanuga.org/WLMR.html

Date: 01/04/07 09:34
Re: Problems ordering from Internet Trains?
Author: bnsfbuff

Yes. I placed several orders in November where they charged my card immediately, and I had not received the items (or correspondence) for several weeks. I finally called them and they recently shipped my items. I'll take my business somewhere else....

John Parker
www.bnsfrr.net

Date: 01/04/07 09:48
Author: Grande-Fan

Sad to hear that you're having problems.
My LHS screwed me over one to many times
so for the last 3 years I have been buying
from www.firsthobby.com and have had zero
issues with them, they are great to deal
with!
Nathan Z.

Date: 01/04/07 10:01
Author: brassmag

I won't order from internettrains.com anymore, they are the slowest to ship of any I've used before. They regularly charge my credit card as soon as the order is placed. On my last order I decided to cancel after waiting TOO long for it to ship and they conveniently forgot to credit my card back until I caught it later down the line. They have poor communications and don't tell me when an item I ordered is out of stock even though it's available via the on line inventory.

Date: 01/04/07 11:50
Author: keysubdiv

take your business here:

http://www.1stplacehobbies.com

you`ll probably save a little more money and they are by far the best to deal with.

TWL

bnsfbuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes. I placed several orders in November where
> they charged my card immediately, and I had not
> received the items (or correspondence) for several
> weeks. I finally called them and they recently
> shipped my items. I'll take my business somewhere
> else....
>
> John Parker
> www.bnsfrr.net

Date: 01/04/07 12:16
Author: ACR_Ted

I've been very happy with MB Klein (sp?) (modeltrainstuff.com) - never any problems, fast shipping and good pricing.

Ted
Mesa AZ

Date: 01/04/07 12:39
Author: airbrake

Best price on the net:

http://www.rrtrains.com

Never had a problem with them in 5 years. Several other TO members use them and report the same type service.

Date: 01/04/07 15:05
Author: dccdoc

The guys at Trackside Sales are top notch.

Their web site is http://www.tracksidesales.com

Date: 01/04/07 15:29
Author: csxt4617

I've heard those Atlas cars went like hotcakes...perhaps they didn't get all they ordered.

Date: 01/04/07 16:09
Author: HB90MACH

I found that they listed as in stock two items that walthers tells me have not been in production for two years. Yet IT says that they are in stock. My order is now a month old and has not even been completely processed through the availablity part. NO answers on th e phone, and no email response. I just called walthers, and to my surprise the order was actually cheaper from walthers. Despite having added to the order.

Date: 01/04/07 16:14
Author: HB90MACH

After having written the above I got an email. Internettrains shipped my order with a note via email. They obviously ignored all the emails for cancelation. so now I have duplicates coming in. Thats alot of paint.

Date: 01/04/07 18:45
Author: TCnR

Another vote for these guys: http://www.1stplacehobbies.com
The item showed in stock, they sent it, no problem. The search menu is a little stiff, kinda like no shoppping allowed, but no mis-leading info either. Find the part number on the Mfr's list and then go to the search menu. Same with Walther's site, whatta pain unless you have exactly the info they want.

Date: 01/04/07 23:52
Author: poomfasa

I've ordered three times from internettrains.com, each time took them about a month. First time was a bunch of Atlas code 80 N scale flex track for a now defunct layout - I bugged them on that one a lot. Second time I was patient simply because they had a "price error" on their website and got several Atlas GP-40 in WP silver/orange for $40 apiece. Third time was a bunch of Atlas rolling stock they had for ~$5 apiece that I grabbed.

Only order from them if you want to wait (guaranteed!) and they have a really good deal on something you want...... and you like punching yourself in the face for fun. :o

Far better luck with nscalesupply.com and my LHS (Railroad Hobbies in Roseville, CA).

Date: 01/05/07 04:36
Author: Chatanuga

HB90MACH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After having written the above I got an email.
> Internettrains shipped my order with a note via
> email. They obviously ignored all the emails for
> cancelation. so now I have duplicates coming in.
> Thats alot of paint.

Well, I e-mailed them and told them to cancel my two Atlas autoracks last night and ordered from another site for even less than they were offering. If they try to send me two autoracks now, they're going to get a nasty phone call as I won't be accepting the order.

Kevin
http://chatanuga.org

Date: 01/05/07 09:55
Yes!
Author: wabash2800

I ordered 4 Micro Engineering Bridge flex track sections before Christmas that their computer said were available. My order has not yet been processd and I have not been able to reach them by phone and apparently my emails have been ignored. I did get an email (apparently automated) that processing of my order would be delayed perhaps another 7 days. I normally dealwith my hobby shop. He has them on order directly with Micro Engineering and says they don't have them in stock either and it could be months as ME has a bad reputation on filling orders.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1192 seconds