Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas HO Remote Snap Switch Wiring Question

Date: 03/25/07 19:44
Atlas HO Remote Snap Switch Wiring Question
Author: SDJeff

I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the remote snap switch.
One time about 4 or 5 years ago I bought 5 Atlas HO scale turnouts with the remote snap switch (#540 & #541). The wiring diagram is on the back of the packages that I misplaced or threw away??? Anyway, I installed them on my layout today without being wired. I've tried searching the net but I couldn't find anything. I figure I'd ask here, my next stop is Hobby Lobby (no LHS around here) to check out a package.
Thanks
Jeff

Date: 03/26/07 07:18
Re: Atlas HO Remote Snap Switch Wiring Question
Author: cambyjunction

Atlas still makes this unit and I am sure they they would be happy to provide you with a set of wiring instructions.

www.atlasrr.com/

Date: 03/26/07 14:54
Author: pepperidge

Jeff,

Let me know how they work out. I tried using Snap Switches with a couple of Shinohara turnouts and they didn't have enough "oomph" to move the points properly. Maybe I just didn't install them properly.

Pepperidge

Date: 03/29/07 12:48
Author: SDJeff

Thanks, I found one of the packages with the instructions on the back while digging through a box of kits. They seem to work ok, I don't have them permanently wired because I found out that I needed a few snap relays for what I plan to do. BTW, I only have a 4' x 8' layout, I live in an apartment so I'm limited. I still run analog. When I get a house with room to build a layout I will go DCC. Until then, I'll just dream.
Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds