Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Model Railroading > IM Maxi IV

Date: 05/15/07 17:10
IM Maxi IV
Author: traindog

I emailed Intermountain yesterday, to express my dismay at thier choice of using Accujunk couplers on thier new Maxi IV car. Maybe if enough people also do the same maybe they will at least make it so we will be able to convert it to Kadee's without having to hack up the car. Thier announcement mentions the use of the scale coupler, which means a coupler pocket that is not compatible with a Kadde #5, 58, 158, or a Mchenry lower shelf coupler.

Date: 05/16/07 01:05
Re: IM Maxi IV
Author: sasquatch0000

Better yet would be for Accumate and Mc Henry to produce their own lines of upper echelon metal couplers equivalent to the quality of Kadee couplers. These could be used on all serious model railroad cars and engines. They can do it, but have chosen not to, much to our consternation. Until that happens, the Mc Henrys and the Accumates go in the trash can while we frown, cuss and bicker about it on this forum. Accumate and Mc Henry... shame on you. Do you really think we want the garbage that you produce? The only abstract gain that you are helping with is the "bottom line" of the manufacturers willing to use your cheappies. Manufacturers, shame on you for using these cheappies... and shame on us consumers for not insisting on durable, mechanically sound, metal couplers already equipped on our new engines and cars.

Mark Robinson

Date: 05/16/07 04:40
Re: IM Maxi IV
Author: brfriedm

But have you verified that ONLY these couplers will fit? Aren't we jumping the gun here?

traindog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I emailed Intermountain yesterday, to express my
> dismay at thier choice of using Accujunk couplers
> on thier new Maxi IV car. Maybe if enough people
> also do the same maybe they will at least make it
> so we will be able to convert it to Kadee's
> without having to hack up the car. Thier
> announcement mentions the use of the scale
> coupler, which means a coupler pocket that is not
> compatible with a Kadde #5, 58, 158, or a Mchenry
> lower shelf coupler.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds