Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Model Railroading > Does anyone make...

Date: 08/01/07 17:55
Does anyone make...
Author: pennsy3750

Does anyone make a headlight/number board assembly in HO, such as the one highlighted in the pic? I know Precision Scale makes (or made) one for the newer angular cabs, but I'm wondering if there's one available that matches the curvature of an early rounded EMD cab.

I may undertake a couple projects that would involve chopping some high short hoods. If such a part is available, all I'd have to do is make a new front cab wall and mount the number boards.

Date: 08/02/07 06:14
Re: Does anyone make...
Author: csxt4617

I believe I used one of these (plastic, of course...not sure if they offer a brass
one), and glued it to the front of the cab, and just filed the edges of it to match
the rounded contour of the roof. I did this on an Athearn SD9 I chopnosed years ago.

Date: 08/02/07 09:32
Author: AmericanLines

I always like to use the headlight numberboard assemblies off of Railpower EMD cabs. That way you can glue then onto the cab front and sand them down to the contour of the roof.

Date: 08/02/07 12:37
Author: WP282

I just took a look at a Proto GP20; the numberboard could be cut off the cab. Not sure if you can order the cab separately from Walthers. I also looked at an old Tyco GP20 shell I had in the scrap box. It's numberboard looked acceptable too. You can find those at swap meets for cheap.

WP Mike

Date: 08/02/07 14:12
Author: Thomas

Ah ...what's with the 3 + 4 "bumps" on that cab roof?

Thomas

Date: 08/02/07 14:51
Author: mgwsy1978

Those are lights as the loco is equipped with Radio Control and the lights sow status of the loco.

Date: 08/02/07 16:23
Author: Thomas

mgwsy1978 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those are lights as the loco is equipped with
> Radio Control and the lights sow status of the
> loco.

So, for instance, if 2 of the 3 lights on the left side flash red, it means "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson?". Or do the lights simply remaining "steady on" which might mean something like system 1 and 3 "are working"? Or do they actually indicate the state of the engine, such as "moving forward" and "brakes engaged"?

Thomas

Date: 08/03/07 16:59
Author: dash944cw

When they flash simultaneously, the locomotive starts playing loud music and the hoghead starts selling ice cream to the foamers... (Sorry, couldn't resist...)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds