Home Open Account Help 260 users online

Model Railroading > Some more photos taken on Tehachapi Pass Layout

Date: 08/21/07 23:08
Some more photos taken on Tehachapi Pass Layout
Author: UPDASH8

I added some photos to the original topic entitled " Non-patched AC pulling hard at Cliff".

I now realize that starting a new thread would have been better.

All taken in the last month or so at the La Mesa Model Railroad Club layout in Balboa Park, San Diego.

Date: 08/21/07 23:11
Re: Some more photos taken on Tehachapi Pass Layout

More photos.

Date: 08/21/07 23:13

seems I need to add one at a time!

Date: 08/21/07 23:14

one more....

Date: 08/21/07 23:24
Author: MrMRL

Great stuff! I wonder what they would think of an 80 car BNSF worm grain with mid train AC4400 DPUs...

Mr. MRL

Date: 08/21/07 23:30
Author: ESPEE5318

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great stuff! I wonder what they would think of an
> 80 car BNSF worm grain with mid train AC4400
> DPUs...
>
> Mr. MRL

no problem

Date: 08/22/07 00:24
Author: espeeboy

UPDASH8 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one more....

LOL, this must be the October 2005 Tehachapi detouring Coast Starlight #11 (aka the San Joaquin Daylight) with David Gunn on his private "retirement tour" Amfleet obeservation car on the rear?!?

Date: 08/22/07 06:03
Author: SunsetRoute

Great pictures, thank you for sharing. Now, I need to clean the drool off my desk!

Date: 08/22/07 10:09
Author: djansson

By the way, running the full length of that railroad (Bakersfield to Mojave) will take you around an hour and a half, without getting stabbed in a siding for meets.

Wow............................

Date: 08/22/07 12:22
Author: cabinman

Those are my P42's. We felt we needed some other trains on the layout and some passenger stuff fit the bill. If you get invited to run there, some of the members who are on duty will let you run pretty much what you have within reason. The Amtrak stuff has been a hit especially with the general public.

BTW, those P42's are not detailed yet. We had just put in the lighting and the Loksound and were giving them the shakedown cruise. The ditchlights are 3 volt bulbs mounted behind Details West lenses and they alternate when the horn is blown. The lights are the best I have ever seen on a model-bar none. The installation was done by Paul Federiconi of Details West and he also tweaked the decoder. Paul manipulates the sound files with a special sound program and these have all the correct sounds of a P42 in them including the K5 horn.........these aren't your daddy's Loksound!

thanks, Keith Turley-Details West

Date: 08/23/07 22:48
Author: choochoocharlie

Have photos and video of a BNSF "Earthworm" train at the loop with 4 unit lead, 3 unit midtrain helpers and two unit rear helpers heading west. It was in 2002. Not up on the new power so can't tell you the loco model numbers. My period is '60s and "70s. Will be trying to post some videos in the future as soon as I can download them to my comp[uter and learn how to code them for the web. Will post the train mentioned above plus 4449, 700, 3751 and some plain old diesels too. Love those layout photos as the Tehachapis is one of my favorite camping and photo spots.

C.C.Chas.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds