Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Model Railroading > Broadway Limited BlueLine AC6000

Date: 10/29/07 06:14
Broadway Limited BlueLine AC6000
Author: scotsman

Has anybody else out there had problems with very dim ditchlights on this model?

Any ideas on the cause/remedy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jock

Date: 10/29/07 08:36
Re: Broadway Limited BlueLine AC6000
Author: brfriedm

This is a problem that dates back to the original run. When BLI announced the new run, I called them about it and spoke to them about this very problem. They stated that they were aware of this problem and planned to fix it in the new run. They didn't. You can fix it by installing new ditch lights with bulbs or leds. BLI is a lazy company. They have very below average standards.

Bruce

scotsman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anybody else out there had problems with very
> dim ditchlights on this model?
>
> Any ideas on the cause/remedy?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Jock

Date: 10/29/07 13:33
Author: photoguy24141

oh my, thats bad to hear, i just recently got the blueline SD40-2 and i know everyone here mostly put me down for buying it, but im pleased with it, i mean yea i seen better but i only paid 98 for it brand new on ebay. but now i wonder if it would be worth it to get another one if i find a good deal such as the AC6000 or another loco. i mean they seem to be smooth runners and average pullers. and detail is good. but like i say it runs good and sounds neat in idle to. im seeing the AC6000 on ebay for little over 100 . so now i wonder if i should get one or not.

Date: 10/29/07 13:51
Author: BrianM

photoguy24141 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oh my, thats bad to hear, i just recently got the
> blueline SD40-2 and i know everyone here mostly
> put me down for buying it, but im pleased with
> it, i mean yea i seen better but i only paid 98
> for it brand new on ebay. but now i wonder if it
> would be worth it to get another one if i find a
> good deal such as the AC6000 or another loco. i
> mean they seem to be smooth runners and average
> pullers. and detail is good. but like i say it
> runs good and sounds neat in idle to. im seeing
> the AC6000 on ebay for little over 100 . so now i
> wonder if i should get one or not.

That is all that matters, how you feel about your model. Input from others is great, but the bottom line is you. Myself, I am not a fan of their SD40-2. I have 3 of the AC6000's. They are OK, but other then brass, it is the only game in town. So, I gotta deal with it. The RSD15 (I have 1) and SW/NW units are the only engines that I have heard good things about.

There is a shops that has the "Blue Line" AC6000 for $119 each.

I do agree with Bruce. To me, they seem like a copy of Bachmann. The steam is fine but the diesel is WELL below what it should be.

Brian

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds