Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers Hiawatha Series

Date: 11/01/07 16:10
Walthers Hiawatha Series
Author: Yardmaster

How D! The first car of the Walthers Hiawatha Series passenger train will be released this month. I ended up modifying my reservation in skipping this months car and adding a second car of the February series.

This should be a very popular set, can't wait to see it all!

YM

Date: 11/01/07 18:48
Re: Walthers Hiawatha Series
Author: UPED

It would be very cool to see the train in Daylight colors!
HMMM, I better fix my airbrush!

Date: 11/01/07 18:52

A daylight painted train with round windows on the passenger cars?

YM

Date: 11/02/07 04:43
Author: SantaFeCF7

Yardmaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A daylight painted train with round windows on the
> passenger cars?
>
> YM

Even more unique would be the observation car in Daylight!! Hey, if they could end up in CN's "1961" black & light grey/white scheme, why not Daylight, eh*?

* = Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Date: 11/02/07 10:58
Author: TCnR

Also curious as to what the alternate schemes may be. These cars also saw service in the UPRR Streamliner/ City of where-ever trains in the yellow and grey scheme for a short time. Great looking cars, the advertisements show great looking models. The train shed is a classic as well, just an amazing offering.

Date: 11/02/07 21:06

Though the Walthers train is based on the Twin Cities Hiawatha, it's still a great start to make the consist of the "Oly Hi" Too bad Walthers is not making a "Creek" series skytop in addition to the "Rapids" series car. The creek has a few more windows than the rapids.

YM

Date: 11/02/07 21:19
Author: TCnR

Curious what cars could be used in other trains, haven't seen much of a list. Some of the cars Milwaukee cars were seen on the City Trains, some of them were repainted and made it into Canada. Another one of those curiosities of the 50's and 60's.

Date: 11/04/07 18:27
Author: MILW16

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also curious as to what the alternate schemes may
> be. These cars also saw service in the UPRR
> Streamliner/ City of where-ever trains in the
> yellow and grey scheme for a short time. Great
> looking cars, the advertisements show great
> looking models. The train shed is a classic as
> well, just an amazing offering.

Milwaukee's post-war cars were in UP yellow and gray from 1956 to 1971, easily the majority of their lives. It would be nice to see Walthers come out with them in that scheme.

And don't forget the original late 1940s scheme with the black (maroon?) letterboard.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0331 seconds