Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Model Railroading > Don't forget TRAINFEST

Date: 11/01/07 12:10
Don't forget TRAINFEST
Author: BNSFCSX

Hey Gang:
Just a reminder for everyone in the area next weekend, the 10th and 11th that Trainfest will be going on in the expo hall at State Fair park in Milwaukee. As usual I'll be working the Sommerfeld's tables on the HO side. Heading down Friday the 9th to set up and have the usual eatins that the Manufacturers put up for the vendors and get my only chance to see what's new. Once the whistle blows at 9 AM Saturday morning it's pretty much balls to the wall to the end of the day Sunday, which has extended hours now to match Saturday of 9 to 5:30. (Sunday was always 9:30 to 5) Not sure if much new stuff will be out to push this year as it looks like most of the releases are scheduled for the last half of the month. But there should be plenty of decent prices on anything that has come out the past year. There is a chance that the Athearn MP15AC may be out by then though. Sounds like awesome weather with 50 or so for a temp so no snow to deal with for the travelers. Last year Friday night we had Thunder snow in the area and it was taking guys with 3 hr drives, 6 plus to get there to set up. Figure on another huge turnout with plenty of things to see.

BNSFCSX

Date: 11/01/07 12:15
Re: Don't forget TRAINFEST
Author: wabash2800

Amtrak has trains leaving Chicago for Milwaukee about every two hours.

But the the problem is I'm told, is the Milwaukee Amtrak station is about 80 blocks from the show.

Reportedly, some local hotels provide transportation. Maybe one could get a shuttle btw the train station and their hotel and then a shuttle from the hotel to the show?

If I were doing that, I'd come in on Friday.

Date: 11/01/07 12:54
Author: wc581

I'll be running trains at the Lionel RR Club of SE Wisconsin's Layout durring trainfest.

Mike Slater

Date: 11/01/07 19:40
Author: Clarence

And I'll be at the NorthWest TrainMasters layout. Last years Best in Show layout BTW.
Clarence

Date: 11/02/07 04:58
Author: wictl

I will be there for four days as I will be running a layout on Friday for the Manufacture/Dealer show as well as Saturday and Sunday.

Wictl

Date: 11/02/07 07:11
Author: DHarrison

Count on seeing the 150 MPH Acela Express flying by beneath the Pennsy styled catenary...all in HO scale. My guns are loaded to duel the holdouts from yesteryear who think all overheads should be powered. Silly rabbits.

David Harrison

Date: 11/02/07 11:40
Author: wc581

Hand them the tools, and say than what are you waitng for :-)

Model Railroading is fun
Mike

Date: 11/04/07 18:47
Author: WC6497

Hey Mike Slater!..Nice to hear from you.Any news as to where Paul Stacey is?

I'm on my 2nd Dakota Quad Cab now (2000 4x4).I'll be at Trainfest with my 2nd wife(divorced back in 2003).After Trainfest,were saving our bucks.Trying to get our 69' Charger ready for Dukesfest 2008 in Atlanta..

Hey,remember this.....

SDL39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your health is well!
Digger

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.081 seconds