Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Model Railroading > Oh lookee what I found!

Date: 11/18/07 13:40
Oh lookee what I found!
Author: wabash2800

A while back I asked if anyone knew of any plans for Wabash service structures like tool sheds and motor car shanties.

Well, I haven't found any yet but now I have a photo. The photo is an old Poloroid taken by my late uncle at Wolcottville, Indiana.

That's me at about age 12 taking notes and making drawings on the hood of his Cougar! LOL I had measured and photographed the PRR trainorder signal but, of course, those photos and measurements are no where to be found today. The siding looks like batten siding, perhaps I can figure the width on the slats and scale from there?
Perhaps a horseshoe above the doorway will be the necessary last touch?

Oh well, at least I have photos of a Wabash tool shanty and motor car shed. Thanks Uncle John for getting a photo of something I needed and capturing the human element too. :) Uncle John was a model railroader too.

Date: 11/18/07 13:53
Re: Oh lookee what I found!
Author: wabash2800

And this is one I took in 1972 that shows the tool shed off in the distance. I suppose that'll get me the pitch of the roof.

Date: 11/18/07 21:33
Re: Oh lookee what I found!
Author: moose

'She hocked 'em for cold cash. left town on the Wabash,
Never thinkin', never thinkin' of home way back then."
'Railroad Lady", by Jimmy Buffett. Great train song, right up there with City of New Orleans (by Steve Goodman, not Arlo Guthrie as he clains

Nice shots and memories, 2800

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds