Home Open Account Help 212 users online

Model Railroading > Open House on the Philly Sub

Date: 11/18/07 17:35
Open House on the Philly Sub
Author: hoydie17

I took a trip up to TO member Bruce Friedman's open house for his open house on Friday. Even though I've seen it before, this layout just keeps getting better. A true testament to just how much a labor of love this model is for Bruce and his dedicated group of operators.

For those of you close enough to check out his next open house, I'd highly suggest it, regardless of your preference for era. This layout truly lends itself to operations, and is challenging not only for the operators, but also for the dispatcher.

A few photos.

1) CSXT 579, on the point of Q173 is seen waiting outside of Philly Eastside Yard for a new crew.

2) UP 9785 and it's sister units sit just East of Darby, PA awaiting my trailer train to pass.

3) BNSF 7744 has just seen the signal at West Singerly jump to a clear, and is getting ready to "knock'er down".

Sean

Date: 11/18/07 17:49
Re: Open House on the Philly Sub
Author: dh1205

I was their last night. It is a very nice layout.

Alec

Date: 11/18/07 17:54
Author: nanshant

I must agree. Having been there numerous times and operated a few as well it is definitely worth a visit. Even if you're not into the modern stuff, there is an appreciation for the accuracy of the layout in comparison the real thing. Not only is the layout extremely accurate, the locomotives and rolling stock are as well. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the locos are modeled after stuff that Bruce has actually seen/photographed on the Philly Subdivision.

Date: 11/18/07 18:48
Author: wheel_slip

I always enjoy seeing shots of Bruce's layout on Trainorders... Maybe someday we can talk him into a in depth post with tons of images and the track plan!

Andy

Date: 11/18/07 18:59
Author: hoydie17

wheel_slip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always enjoy seeing shots of Bruce's layout on
> Trainorders... Maybe someday we can talk him into
> a in depth post with tons of images and the track
> plan!
>
> Andy

Why wait? Just go to his website. http://www.chessiesystem.com

Date: 11/18/07 19:01
Author: tjohnson00

Very nice layout and great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Terry
Berkeley,Ca.

Date: 11/19/07 00:26
Author: MrMRL

0_o - Woah, nice pinkie-bonnet Dash 8 (BNSF 840). I saw a pair of those beaters roll into Los Angeles on Sunday morning. They aren't as bad as you'd think on the inside...

Mr. MRL

Date: 11/23/07 04:33
Author: SantaFeCF7

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 0_o - Woah, nice pinkie-bonnet Dash 8 (BNSF 840).
> I saw a pair of those beaters roll into Los
> Angeles on Sunday morning. They aren't as bad as
> you'd think on the inside...
>
> Mr. MRL

Dam-m-m-m-mn, Sean! That is a SWEET weathering job, it takes alot of work to get that look just right!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds