Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Model Railroading > more SD40-2 upgrades.........

Date: 01/19/08 00:18
more SD40-2 upgrades.........
Author: ESPEE5318

Well I have not even finished the BN SD40-2 and I have started another SD40-2. This one started (Sunday) when I knew I was not going to finish the BN SD40-2 by the 19th (run day La Mesa club) and wanted something new to run and pulled this one off the shelf thinking it just needed a few details. I had a idea of what I wanted to do just the basics then I started looking at pics "I can get this done by Saturday" I disassembled it down to frame because I wanted to mill the motor pocket to try out a Genesis motor in it. Started detailing it Monday night then I realized I did not have the Cannon tread way kit for it and I was not going to have time to do Cannon fans, but I decided to weather it real light and do the tread ways and fans at a later date. Last night I decided to just wait and do it right rather that finishing it twice. So looks like I will be running the same old stuff tomorrow. I took some pics last night and some tonight I'm not happy with any of them but here is the better of the 20+ I took.........Joe

Date: 01/19/08 09:17
Re: more SD40-2 upgrades.........
Author: brfriedm

Looking good! Better to do it right then rush it. Those Southern highhood SD40-2's are awesome looking units.

Bruce

Date: 01/19/08 11:00
Author: Cabin

Man that's nice....
I want one....

Cabin

Date: 01/19/08 16:29
Author: NSTopHat

Nice work. Who's lift rings are you using, since the brass DA's are so hard to find????

NSTopHat

Date: 01/19/08 21:48
Author: ESPEE5318

NSTopHat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice work. Who's lift rings are you using, since
> the brass DA's are so hard to find????
>
> NSTopHat

I'm still using old school DA's they are in stock at First place hobby's
http://www.1stplacehobbies.com/cgi-bin/prod.asp?pn=229-2206

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0827 seconds